Love some opinions on the girls now that they are older

Discussion in 'Dairy Diaries' started by Kfin, Aug 25, 2010.

1. Kfin

Kfin New Member

Jun 23, 2010
    Canyon, TX
    So I got some new pictures of the girls today. It has been about 2 months since i last showed them to you. But what do you think now that they are getting older. Also they are learning to stack up a LOT better.

Padme the oldest
    [​IMG]

Posha
    [​IMG]

And Panda
    [​IMG]

2. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Wow...they've grown!! They all have a very nice and long form, Panda and Padme appear to have steeper rumps than Posha but it could be the way the rear legs are set too. They do look good though, I can see a bump in the center of Padme's belly....is it the way her hair has grown there or does she have a slight umbilical hernia?

3. Kfin

Kfin New Member

Jun 23, 2010
    Canyon, TX
    Yes Padme does have a small hernia. I did not notice it when we bought her, I found it about a week later. It has closed on its own, but could that cause a problem for her later?

4. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I would watch it....I have a small pygmy doe that I won't breed because she has a weak/open spot on her belly, her small size factored in my decision as well. My fear is with the weak spot on her belly, the weight/pressure of growing kids would cause an issue. Have a vet check her out for you, if anything it will be reassurance.

5. Lawanda

Lawanda New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    West Virginia
    They are gorgeous! Padme is my fave, but it may just be because of her name! <3

6. Kfin

Kfin New Member

Jun 23, 2010
    Canyon, TX
    Thanks I will take that advice and get a vet to check her out before I breed her for sure. It was a VERY TINY opening, and now when you feel there is no opening at all just a hard wall there. But better safe than sorry, so a vet exam will be our next stop.

Thanks

7. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    They are growing great! :)

8. peggy

peggy Senior Member

Aug 10, 2010
    B.C. Canada
    Very very beautiful.