Love the floppy ears of the Nubians?...

Discussion in 'Goats For Sale' started by eliya, Jan 21, 2008.

1. eliya

eliya New Member

Love the floppy ears of the Nubian?... But don't like how large and hard to handle they are???

Get a MININubian!!!

Our MiniNubian does average about 24-25 inches at the withers. They give about 2/3rds the amount of milk as a full size doe on about half the feed.

Green Gables will be having 1st-4th gen MiniNubian kids born March-June. Kids sell fast - especially the colorful ones with perfect ears :-D so be sure to get your reservation in.

Here are pictures of a few our 2007 kids:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Got Milk? Our does do! Here are some of the udders in our herd: Talk about MILK!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You can visit our website to see lots more pictures, get information on our breeding program, and learn more about the MiniNubian breed.

2. Hailee's Herd

Hailee's Herd New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Michigan
    Just wanted to say I LOVE your goats.:)

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    ugh I hate that wisconsin is so far away!

I really want a nubian but a mini nubian would fit better into my herd. It has really been on my mind lately.

Ever come to the east coast?

4. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Me too! They are downright adorable!!! I LOVE those ears!!!

5. eliya

eliya New Member

I have never been to the east coast, but with so many people out there wanting goats, I just may have to make a trip! Or if one of the east-coasters decides to drive out, she/he may be bring a a lot of goats back for other people! Another option, is a transport service like Ron K. His service is most affordable if you have multiple people buying from the same place with the same drop off location. I have people in NY, PA, NC and VA that have all expressed interest in getting kids in the spring - IF they can find an affordable way to transport :D

6. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    they are adorable.
    Ok, question for you? Do you milk them? Do they have a decent amount of milk?

7. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Eliya you have soem very nice goats! I think they are sooooo cute!

8. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    Why does everyone have to live so far away???????

9. eliya

eliya New Member

Thanks everyone. I really love this breed!

Lori - yes, I milk them. And they are VERY good little milkers too! My average mature doe gives around 5-6 lbs depending on her size. I have had them give as much as 10 lbs in one day! Their milk is very rich and creamy - lots of butterfat and protein. I have not had mine tested yet, but other breeders have and they have had pretty high numbers.

10. eliya

eliya New Member

Just wanted to let you all know that I have a lady in PA who is coming out in May to pick up her kids. She said she would be willing to bring kids back for others as well. Of course you would help with her travel costs, but it could be a very affordable way to get some kids if you are on the east coast.
    Stacey I though of you right away. I know PA is still not real close, but an awful lot closer than Wisconsin!!!

11. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    OH it is SO tempting!!!

But May is just a little to soon with my does all due and not having Sweet Pea confirmed sold (have a VERY interested buyer but we have to see her udder etc) I just can't add goats. :sigh: To bad it isnt like June or July or I would jump at the chance.

I may still look at your website.................. :drool:

12. eliya

eliya New Member

That's o.k. I just thought I'd let you know. I am not sure of the date she will be making the trip yet. It depends on the kids and when she is able to make the trip. If you do decide that it is something you would like to look into more, just let me know. I can get you in touch with the lady so you can talk about how much she would charge, when she is coming etc. Julie is getting a kid from me and she said that the lady was really reasonable in what she wanted for travel cost help. :D

13. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    do keep me posted - especially if you decide to sell an adult doe.

And thanks for thinking of me

14. eliya

eliya New Member

Will do, and no problem. An adult doe... I think I could sell my whole herd if I decided to. It seems that everyone wants and adult doe! Don't you all want one of these adorable babies to raise yourself?!?!?!?!?! They are so much fun when they are little!

15. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    hehe thats funny - everyone wants kids around here.

Nope kids are way to much work, it is bitter sweet when they leave though.