The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have any thoughts about using portable water tanks in the winter ?
Any suggestions to where to get them , comments on any that you have used.
I was thinking about putting it in the back of my truck and transporting it up to the barn that way. The bigger ones will freeze if I kept it outside , right ?
I was thinking of getting one of those Rhino shelters for extra hay storage , so maybe I could keep a bigger tank in there and it won't freeze , maybe ?

·
174 Posts
You can get a nice 35 gallon tank at TSC or other farm supply..put it in the back of a truck and keep it from freezing with an electric blanket over it at night (in a garage or shelter away from rain or other water of course) or you can use a submersible heater that you can put in at night and take out when you are moving the tank to livestock.
I use a heated 5 gallon bucket in the pen and run electric to it from the house.

·
Banned
5,939 Posts
Laura, check with deli's and bakeries to see if they have empty cake frosting buckets with lids. I got 3 or 4 of those, put them in the back of the ATV and fill with the hose (short hose I cut off so it's easy to drain), put the lids on and transport them to the tubs I'm filling.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts