The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Rose Creek Acres
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my goats has a lump between their elbow and middle of the rib area. It is soft and kind of squshy. It approximately the size of a nickel and is under the flesh. (not discolored on the skin) I do not think it is CL as it is not by a Lymph node. I read the article about CL on this site, and it is not in the areas highlighted in the photo. Any idea what it might be just from description? Any assistance would be wonderful. Thanks for your help.

:whatgoat:

·
8,247 Posts
I usually vaccinate in that exact spot that you described so I will know what the lump is, should one develop.
Some goats react differently to different vaccines. I can only use Colorado Serum on some of my goats, (all same
family) the others don't seem to be as sensitive.
A lot of times, it depends on the size of the needle, how fast the injection was administered and if you accidently
get between the skin layers and not under it.

·
14,615 Posts
So true so true Goats Rock! I recently botched a wether's first CDT. Must not have gotten through all the layers & he had a huge squishy thang. You couldn't even see the point of his elbow. :eek:Didn't bother him at all but it sure bothered me.

·
8,247 Posts
So true so true Goats Rock! I recently botched a wether's first CDT. Must not have gotten through all the layers & he had a huge squishy thang. You couldn't even see the point of his elbow. :eek:Didn't bother him at all but it sure bothered me.
Yep, I once had one move too much! I thought I would save time by pinning her to a fence with my knee and give the shot. It's only 2cc's! She moved and I must of got it between the layers. Big old lump- it went away, but sure looked bad for awhile! Now they all get put in the head lock and I do it right!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts