The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
TKC Farms
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This evening I found a lump directly in front of naval about 3/4 inch. I think it might be a “horn” rupture from another adult goat. (I think this because I had it on another goat that had 2 ruptured and that was what the vet said it was. It’s not touching the naval but about 1/2” to 4/4” from naval toward front. It doesn’t act like it bothers him any. He is Baxter , one of the bottle fed goats. Is there any known disease that may cause this. Between Baxter, Ellieon and Rainon , I should change the farm name from TKC Farms to Lump Farms. In 6 years of goats I had had my share of lumps, good and bad. See pic
Carnivore Dog breed Felidae Whiskers Comfort

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
32,251 Posts
Looks like it maybe a hernia. Is it soft or hard?

·
TKC Farms
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like it maybe a hernia. Is it soft or hard?
It’s kinda hard. I had another goat with two of the same look behind front legs about 3 inches and they were directly across from each other. Carried her to the vet and she said it was a hernia caused probably by another goats horn. She said it would be better to cull her.

·
Super Moderator
32,251 Posts
Did those heal on that goat?

·
Super Moderator
32,251 Posts
Hum. I would keep an eye in this little guy's. And I would be funding the one who is using their horns against them. That is dangerous if it is what is causing the hernia. When you are able I would have a vet check it out to confirm. Sorry your having such a hard time this year

Reactions: toth boer goats
1 - 7 of 7 Posts