The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone. My goat has a lump on his cheek. He also had one last year, and it thankfully went away in a few weeks. My suspicion is bee sting or somehow cutting himself on brambles, but I’d like to see what you guys think too, and if you think I should be concerned.
(Also yes, I know he needs a good wash. No idea how he managed to get dirt there )

The lump is hard, by the way.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,709 Posts
Hi everyone. My goat has a lump on his cheek. He also had one last year, and it thankfully went away in a few weeks. My suspicion is bee sting or somehow cutting himself on brambles, but I'd like to see what you guys think too, and if you think I should be concerned.
(Also yes, I know he needs a good wash. No idea how he managed to get dirt there )
Have you felt to see if it cud stuck in there? A tooth abcess? But kinda not the right place for a tooth issues really.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It could be a tooth abscess, bit the cheek, overgrown tooth, a foreign object such as sticker or wood.

As mentioned is it hard or soft?

A sting isn't as uniformed round like that, it spreads out and would be soft.
right, thank you. It's hard. It'll be difficult to look inside his mouth, but I guess that's what I should do.
I'm wondering if I should wait, or if calling the vet would be the better thing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts