The Goat Spot Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
TKC Farms
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
You wouldn't believe what he did today. I went to feed up this morning and when I started to leave he jumped up on the floor board of my mule and goat talked like "can I go?" I let him ride to the back yard and he spent most of the day helping me rebuild some wooden door steps. If I went to the wood shop he went. When I left shop for the back porch, here he come. When he got tired he laid down under the steps while I screwed the new steps down. I went and got on the mule to go check the cows and he went and check them too. He is more like a dog
Dog Tire Dog breed Plant Carnivore
than a goat.
Plant Working animal Flowerpot Dog breed Fawn

·
TKC Farms
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
I hate to bring this back to the forum. This evening when I feed up, my little Abel that I've had so much trouble with pneumonia that I got cleared up, then temps that I thought was high and now the CL scare with the lump. This evening I checked and the lump was larger. I felt down he other side and felt a smaller bulge there also but it feels like it is on a muscle or cord coming up the neck as I can trace it along the neck line. This is the case now on both sides. I am going to try and get a new vet in town to look at him Friday if at all possible. I just need to know. Lord I pray that is she something else and not CL. He ate well as usual . I Have to keep the herd queens off him if they get in close quarters because they want to ram him.

·
TKC Farms
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Hopefully you can get in to the new vet.
My Grand daughter in law works for her in the office. I called her for the appointment and she asked the lady vet if I could bring her in. She said she didn't know much about goats but she would look at her. Then she ask the GD/ in law, what does he think it is? Not what I wanted to hear.☹

Reactions: ksalvagno

·
TKC Farms
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
My Grand daughter in law works for her in the office. I called her for the appointment and she asked the lady vet if I could bring her in. She said she didn't know much about goats but she would look at her. Then she ask the GD/ in law, what does he think it is? Not what I wanted to hear.☹
Can a CL knot double in size over night? This lump has raise up about 3/8 inch in height. If he is diagnosed with CL then I'm prepared to go ahead with the sleep shot. Really breaks my heart.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Be careful of advice from a vet that doesn't know about goats. A friend had lumps tested, the tests came back negative, but the vet still wanted her to put the goat down. She refused. Don't let them talk you into that!

·
TKC Farms
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Be careful of advice from a vet that doesn't know about goats. A friend had lumps tested, the tests came back negative, but the vet still wanted her to put the goat down. She refused. Don't let them talk you into that!
I had thought of that. if I get a negative report then then the goat lives. I tried to beat CL in another goat for over a year. As long as it was the two knots I was ok, but when two more showed up I decided to put her down. Sad day. I tried every thing from garlic feeding heavy, vitamin C, B complex, Sunflower seeds and any thing else that I could think of. I never had an increase in lump sizes and none ever came to a head. I think we had a check mate for a while but near years in I found two more new lumps. Decision made to put to sleep.

Reactions: toth boer goats

·
TKC Farms
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 · (Edited)
Just got back from vet. She tried to aspirate it and all she could get was a very small amount of blood. Nothing else. She also said she used large needles to aspirate with and if it was CL it would come out kinda like a worm. She doesn't think it is CL. But some infection from something. She check temp and was 103.3 F. She gave a shot of dexomethone (spelling wrong) it is a anti inflammatory similar to banamine. She said quarantine him for couple days and watch him. She said she didn't think it was CL. Praying he is going to be alright.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts