The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a lump on my Ten month old ND's neck right next to her waddle. One is the size if maybe a quarter and the other is so small I'm not sure it is a lump. Does this sound like CL? Can it be anything else?

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
Yes it can be a cyst. I don't know much about wattle cysts other then a lady I know had one. But if the hair is off the lump pen away from the rest just in case it is cl.

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
I found a lump on my Ten month old ND's neck right next to her waddle. One is the size if maybe a quarter and the other is so small I'm not sure it is a lump. Does this sound like CL? Can it be anything else?
It can be a couple of things - wattle cyst, regular-non CL abscess from sticking her head through a wood fence and picking up a splinter, thorn or sticker from rubbing on the ground in a pasture, or it could be CL. If she were mine, I would keep an eye on her and watch for the hair to start coming off of it. When/if that happens, I would call the vet, have it lanced, cleaned out, tested, and keep her away from the other goats until the test results come back. Depending on what the tests show, I would go from there.

·
Registered
30,588 Posts
can you post a pic of it?
Waddle cyst can get pretty big and unsightly,but harmless..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts