The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
TKC Farms
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Giving B Complex shots today and when it come to my goat I had previously reported a small lump kinda on low neckline ( not where I give shots) but below where I give shots. Any where my helper found another small lump under her throat on the other side. They are both about pea size under the skin. About 3 inches apart from one side to another. What do you think?

·
TKC Farms
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would involve a vet. Test for CL.

Are there any external noticeable factors on the lumps like loss of hair, a cut, a scab, anything? Can we see photos if possible?
I'll try to do a photo tomorrow but I don't know if they will show up. They are hard to see even when you try to pull the hair out of the way. No scabs or heads in the lumps. They are about pea size under the skin. No hair loss.

·
TKC Farms
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
All good questions to ask.
Eating out of a tractor supply goat trough. I do have some sticky weed along a fence row. If you try and pull it it will itch you to death. Haven't seen mosquitoes but I know they are here. No cuts or scans. They feel kinda hard like a CD&T knot from a shot but I would never give a shot where these are.

·
TKC Farms
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here are some pics. I don't think you can tell much. The lumps are kinda hard and they don't move. They are about the size of a small almond in size and shape . ( the nut without the hull
IMG_1693.jpg
IMG_1697.jpg
) also I'm sending a famacha pic.
IMG_1705.jpg
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content
IMG_1699.jpg
. The lumps are at the end of my thumb and one pic of my middle finger. Pics are not clear showing this I know.

·
TKC Farms
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Are you positive there are no ticks in the lumps?
I don't see any but tomorrow I will double check. She is just trying to wean 3 beautiful babies. I'll look for ticks. Should I shave the area so I can see better?

Reactions: toth boer goats

·
TKC Farms
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I just gave a b complex shot Saturday morn.

Reactions: toth boer goats

·
TKC Farms
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What is her diet?
Goat pellets (21 %) protein, alfalfa, hay and pasture. Loose minerals put out daily in mineral feeder. Had been on peanut hay until I ran out. Now Russell's grass hay, which they don't like as well. She's popping pellets, no clumping.

·
TKC Farms
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Should I start red cell about Monday thru Saturday next week?

·
TKC Farms
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
if i can i'm going to shave the area this eve and take more pictures. At least that's my plan when i get off from work. Also i plan on giving Red Cell for the rest of the week.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts