The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two new does that I was told most likely have lungworms. They were previously treated with Cydectin pour on. One has a definite cough and runny poop, the other seems much better, no coughing and berries. They were both weaned within the last week by the breeder at 3 1/2 moths old. I gave both girls 1 cc Norometin(generic ivermectin) orally last night after I brought them home. I have read mixed feedback about giving Ivermectin injectable orally and would really appreciate some feedback on how to proceed with treatment.

For now they are quarantined from the herd. I have also started them on a round of di-methox for cocci, and pepto bismol/cd antitoxin for the one with the runs. She just got some alfalfa for the first time at the breeder's, so that may be it. They also had some unexpected rain and a big lungworm problem. Temps are good.

Am I missing anything?

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The scouring has gotten worse today. It is watery. Still giving pepto, electrolytes, and cd antitoxin, but that was the last of my antitoxin and I won't have more until Tuesday. She seems chipper enough and is still eating hay, so hopefully it is just the change in environment.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
di-methox 12.5% given orally. I still have 3 more days to give. They got 1cc per 5 lbs day 1, and 1cc per 10lbs day 2. Today is day 3.

·
Super Moderator
58,830 Posts
I prefer SQ for B Complex. In fact I give all SQ shots except for hormones or if the vet specifically says to give IM.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the advice everyone. I gave her probios and 2 cc Vitamin B Complex SQ. She is probably feeling like a little pincushion today. Her poo is starting to turn back to gloppy instead of watery and they are both coughing a bit less today.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts