The Goat Spot Forum banner

lutalyse spilled all over my arm

Tags
lutalyse lute
9K views 42 replies 23 participants last post by  KW Farms 
#1 · (Edited)
From two weeks ago, till now i think im pregnant. YAY!!! , husband wouldnt give lute to the heifer, threw its leg back and startled me... end up spilling all over my arm. Should i be worried?

#3 ·
It can still be absorbed through the skin. I'm not sure if there is anything you can do about it, like if a doctor can do anything, but lute is an abortion inducer, so there is a chance that it will cause you to reabsorb or miscarry.

#12 ·
Update: Called doctor, he said there iant much he can do. I didnt wash it off and there was quite a bit on my arm. Called hubby after it happend and he asked the dame thing if i washed it off... unfortunally i did not, he freaked! Do you ladies think it will be okay?

#13 ·
It is hard to say, I am praying you will be OK. Usually it is 24 to 48 hours or a bit longer with goats. Some may take a couple of days before they abort.
If after 1 week and you are OK, I would think all is good.
Take is easy, no stress.

I hope you washed your arm really good by now?

#18 ·
Now, before you panic...I got Lute spilled on me when I was pregnant. That child is now 29 years old. Actually, I also got a tiny amount injected under my skin (cow was fighting the shot). I was pretty far along, maybe 7-8 months? Not sure if that matters or not.

And yes, lute is absorbed thru the skin.

I hope things work out for you. Good luck.

Reactions: groovyoldlady
#22 ·
I'm really sorry this happened. You should be able to get a blood test or a home early pregnancy test soon if not now. If you are not pregnant, you won't have to worry.
Could you talk to another doctor? One that would be willing to investigate and find out more information for you?
I did find an article that said that there is no antidote and it could cause contractions in humans leading to miscarriage.

My daughter was recently pregnant with a high-risk pregnancy and she was having early contractions for sometime before she ideally should have the baby. She was told to not over-exert, not get over-heated, and not get otherwise stressed. Any of those things could bring on early labor and delivery. (Everything turned out fine -- she ended up having a c-section.) Not stressing can be easier said than done, especially when you are worried, but do try to remain calm and take care of yourself.

Sending prayers that all is well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.