Lute or not to lute

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by Eazypeezy88, Jul 21, 2020.

1. Eazypeezy88

Eazypeezy88 New Member

Jul 19, 2020
    WV
    Ive already posted some similar questions but now i have different views. My Nd/ pygmie mix does were with a buck from Feb 8th to the 22nd. One i witnessed flagging and standing. Even if both were bred the last days the buck was around 145 days was the 16th and today would be 150 for both. The 1st very pregnant doe was in standing heat around the 14th which if it was taken makes her 11 days past due if it took. If not she is still atleast 150 days today. Im concerned about her being a ff and larger babies if she goes over. The last days the buck was here he about the other doe. To lute or not to lute?

2. Sfgwife

Sfgwife Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki

Do you have pics of both from today?

3. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

I would definitely go with the last date the male was in with them. Have you talked to your vet? I'd go at least 155 from last day male was in with them.

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  5. happybleats

happybleats Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Gustine Texas
    Keep in mind..a due date is an estimate not a promise. As long as mom is doing well..give her a bit more time. (thumbup)

6. Goatzrule

Goatzrule Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2013
    New England
    Going over date is okay. Make sure she is getting plenty of exercise

Moers kiko boars likes this.
  7. Eazypeezy88

Eazypeezy88 New Member

Jul 19, 2020
    WV
    Ive been busy outside today will take some tomorrow. Right now it's dark and raining.

8. Eazypeezy88

Eazypeezy88 New Member

Jul 19, 2020
    WV
    The male has been off the property for 151 or 152 days at this point. I'm not so much worried about my second doe because she was flagging and he was chasing her around the days before he left. He was a headbutter and i decided i didn't care if he bred her he needed to go. The other one has me concerned because she is 3yo and never kidded before, and I'm fairly certain she was bred before his final days here, which would make her over 152 days but by how much, idk. He was only here for 14 days. So I'm at the point where how long is too long. I see alot of conflicting information. Some say let it happen when it happens others say i don't let them go over x amount of days. I'm going to call my vet tomorrow morning and get her opinion. She isn't goat savvy but maybe she can help me weigh my options.

9. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

I would have her physically look at the goat. This is one of those times when the goat needs to be seen in person.

Moers kiko boars and Sfgwife like this.
  10. Eazypeezy88

Eazypeezy88 New Member

Jul 19, 2020
    WV
    Pics from this morning

Attached Files:

11. happybleats

Sep 12, 2010
    Gustine Texas
    Looks like babies dropped some and ligs are softening...shes getting there

12. Jessica84

Jessica84 Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    California
    I wouldn’t. I’ve had does go on day 157. Everything was fine.
    I agree with the others, give her more time. Yes the kids are growing every day but they are not growing THAT much each day, so a few days are not going to make much of a difference.
    If you end up inducing though make sure you have some colostrum on hand. We can play with Mother Nature all we want but nothing is as good as the real thing and one of the down sides to inducing is it’s not uncommon for the doe not to have much milk, even though they have a nice full udder.

Moers kiko boars and Ashlynn like this.
  13. Eazypeezy88

Eazypeezy88 New Member

Jul 19, 2020
    WV
    Her belly hangs lower then in the rear end shot. She doesn't like me behind her (probably because I'm constantly trying to see) and pulls it up. Can i ask how you can tell about the ligs from the photos? I got a decent feel last night before she had enough and it didn't feel as firm but I'm still not exactly sure what I'm feeling.

14. Eazypeezy88

Eazypeezy88 New Member

Jul 19, 2020
    WV
    I'm holding off but might if she hasn't gone by Sunday. That way I'm sure ill be around for the next few days. I have colostrum replacement on hand. Was preparing for if one got rejected. Have a kidding kit by the door and prepped my daughter's for what is to come.

15. mariella

mariella Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2017
    Prague Oklahoma
    I think she will have 4 healthy babies by Friday night 2 of each gender and they will all be a good size.

16. happybleats

Sep 12, 2010
    Gustine Texas
    In the one photo I can see a slight hollowness at the side of the tail head.

Attached Files:

17. Eazypeezy88

Eazypeezy88 New Member

Jul 19, 2020
    WV
    Ty. The other doe def has this. Her hip bones are more prominent and belly was never as wide as this ones but it's very low. The first photo is above, areas around her spine are hollowed, i assure you she isn't a skinny goat like this picture looks.

Attached Files:

Moers kiko boars and Tanya like this.
  18. happybleats

Sep 12, 2010
    Gustine Texas
    She beautiful! Sunken tummy is sure sign babies dropped.

19. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  20. Goataddict

Goataddict Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2020
    Abuja, Nigeria
    How are our pregnant does today?

Totesmgoats likes this.