The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used the Lute shot for breeding? I'm wanting to try it this next season, but wanted some opinions first.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I have 2soes that are a friends and haven't been breed in years and are trying to bring them in heat,gave 2ml im,then 10 days later another dose,I gave 2nd shot 2days ago and waiting for heat,well see,it's new to me

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have 2soes that are a friends and haven't been breed in years and are trying to bring them in heat,gave 2ml im,then 10 days later another dose,I gave 2nd shot 2days ago and waiting for heat,well see,it's new to me
Let me know how it goes okay?

·
2,203 Posts
Absolutely! I follow two ov sync programs.

Initial: 2cc IM
Day 10: 2cc IM (even if you saw a heat, always give the second shot).

Keep her in with the buck through the duration if you can or at least from day 8-14 to be sure he covers her.

If this doesn't work I use another program with lutalyse and cystorelin I'd be happy to help you with. In RL I'm an AI tech (cattle) but I've dealt quite a bit with goats as well. :)

Another thing to look into are CIDRs.

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh wow, I didn't know it was intervals like that. I will most likely just separate and use a buck rag for the girls and hopefully they won't be silent about their heat cycle:) I would like everyone to run together eventually, but I have 2 different sizes, so I need to be careful.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts