The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Doeling that I didn't want bred and today was the day she was supposed to go back into heat and she hasn't. So I'm curious how much it will cost to Lute her?

·
8,331 Posts
Are there any dairy cow farms around you? They should have Lute. It's only a little bit. If you have a vet out, it will cost the vet call plus they overinflate the cost of meds!
Do you have any goat farms, they might also have lute.
Be careful handling the lutelyse. Do not get it on your hands and don't let pregnant women or girls handle it with bare hands. (preg. ladies should not handle at all).

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you have a relationship already established with your vet, you can pick up a 2cc syringe for minimal cost. - Hopefully that's an option for you.
Yeah our vet is a family friend so do you know how much it costs just to get the injection? I'm trained and know how to give a shot.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Cost differs. You will need 2cc and if you already use a vet for the goats they should give it to you.

I paid $35 for a full bottle of lute(30ml). I would imagine it shouldn't cost more than $15. And that is on the high end. A lot depends on where you are, and what your vet charges. I would call them and ask.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts