The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
nlhayesp
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter's 4 year old nubian has had a date with a buck in the next county for two months now. Since we always had a buck on site to breed her, I never noticed if she had regular heat cycles or how long they lasted. I saw her in heat on October 6, and have been watching her like a hawk every 17 - 25 days for signs of heat so I can haul her to the buck. As far as I can tell, she either has not gone back into heat, or is in heat only a few hours each time. I am thinking of using lutlyase, 1 ml today, and 1 ml in 11 days to "catch" her. The only way a she could have already bred would be if another buck jumped a few fences, then jumped back again. Does this sound reasonable?

·
nlhayesp
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She is waiting to be in heat to take to the buck, who lives a county away. They do not board. In the past we bred her to our buck, so he just ran with her and he knew when to breed. In October when I observed her in heat, the owners of the buck were not ready for her to come, so I am waiting for her next observable heat. (And still waiting). She has had three freshenings so far.

·
www.wildheartsranch.org
2,343 Posts
I had a doe last year who the owner had had trouble getting settled. She was in heat the week before I bought her, and when she was due for her next cycle I luted her and put her with the buck for a couple days. Never saw him breed her but she kidded right on schedule!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.