The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So it's been ten days since the first shot if lutylase,no heat so I gave the second shot today

·
Super Moderator
59,744 Posts
I have usually found them to come into heat around the 14th day. The second shot should take care of it.

·
2,203 Posts
Absolutely. Glad you followed through with the second shot. Let us know if it works or not. If it turns out not to, I have the other ov synch option we can try.

·
2,203 Posts
So it's been over 72 hours and no heat,2 does have been in with buck
She may not have had a CL to lyse then. What's more readily available to you, CIDR or cystorelin?

·
2,203 Posts
Day 1 3cc lutalyse
Day 7 1cc cystorelin
Day 14 3cc lutalyse
Expose buck at day 16
Day 17 1cc cystorelin

·
2,203 Posts
I give my girls a shot of Estramate(sp) 3/4 of a cc by Vet orders and four to five days later they are in a raging heat.
Estrumate is a cheap lutalyse. In my experience (AI tech for dairy cattle) lutalyse is much more readily available for the farmers with better turnout.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Estrumate is a cheap lutalyse. In my experience (AI tech for dairy cattle) lutalyse is much more readily available for the farmers with better turnout.
You are probably correct. I have also used Lute as well. I am personally not a big fan on the side effects. My goat went threw so much pain and discomfort. She was sweating from head to toe, very crampy, and kept screaming in pain. My other vet gave me The Estrumate and said it has less side effects and you use less than the Lute. I will stay with the Estrumate. I have not seen my girls in any discomfort.

·
2,203 Posts
Absolutely. I personally give aspirin bolus with my lute if I know she has secondary reactions. First timers I always just give lute, I want to monitor them without having a pain blockage right away. Cruel to some, smart in my opinion.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts