Lutz Acres 2020-2021 Kidding Season

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by Ashlynn, Nov 7, 2020.

1. Ashlynn

Ashlynn Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2017
    Lutz, FL
    676CE19F-57B1-4CEA-A518-F9D72E11AF25.jpeg 75CC3A06-1BE0-416F-B76F-7A64C7D1CE28.jpeg image.jpg image.jpg Moonlight’s still going. She losing her mucous plug just now I’m thinking. I thought she had already lost it but I was mistaken. She keeps tricking me hopefully this isn’t a test again. Baby or babies are kicking a lot. She’s also eating everything in her path. Any guess on genders and how many? I think she might only have 1 or maybe 2.

CaramelKittey and MadHouse like this.
  2. MadHouse

MadHouse Well-Known Member

I’m guessing Twins, one of each. :)
    Go Moonlight! (Maybe she’s waiting for moonlight?)

Ashlynn likes this.

3. Ashlynn

Sep 30, 2017
    Lutz, FL
    I think she might be!

MadHouse likes this.
  4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    She is cute.

I say twins. :)

Ashlynn and MadHouse like this.
  5. Ashlynn

Sep 30, 2017
    Lutz, FL
    image.jpg Just checked ligaments and they’re softer than normal but still relatively easy to find. She’s being more lovey than normal, I’m enjoying this. Also can literally make out a whole baby just by barely putting my hand on her side. It is kicking like crazy. The kids are still up very high too, but I know some of my does never sunk in before labor. Udder could stand more filling too.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
  6. Ashlynn

Sep 30, 2017
    Lutz, FL
    Moonlight’s having small contractions but they aren’t frequent or consistent yet. image.jpg
    Also as far as Ebony goes: Kinda afraid she’s gonna have quads. We’ve never had those before, but we’ll cross that road when we get there. image.jpg
    And noticed some signs of mites or lice on her ear so am going to treat her right away for that.

7. Ashlynn

Sep 30, 2017
    Lutz, FL
    Just found Yeti snuck into the buck pen through the fence. He wants to be someone’s herd sire already. He even makes the buck noise.

Attached Files:

8. MadHouse

Yeti has a vision of his future.
    :dreams:

9. MellonFriend

MellonFriend Well-Known Member

Oh ho look at him out there. Such a sneaky little fella.

MadHouse and Ashlynn like this.
  10. Ashlynn

Sep 30, 2017
    Lutz, FL
    Moonlight is killing me! Her udder has tripled in size now. I thought she was ready earlier, now I don’t think so, but she’s just gonna have to stay in the kidding pen for tonight anyways. About to “lose” one ligament but the other is still just soft.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
  11. Ashlynn

Sep 30, 2017
    Lutz, FL
    I know I’m like the boy who cried wolf. Instead the girl who cried Moonlight’s in labor lol. Her ligaments are finally gone though. She’s eating everything in sight wouldn’t be surprised if she ate me too. The kids also look like they’re doing the wave at the baseball game in there. Never seen kids kick so much. Udder can’t get a whole lot fuller. She still hasn’t sunken in though. Maybe she won’t idk. Hasn’t had any noticeable discharge since last night, but had a lot two days ago. Her second due date is the 21st so I have to be patient, but just thought she was bred for her first due date because of her signs.

Attached Files:

12. CaramelKittey

CaramelKittey Well-Known Member

Looks like she is getting close! :D Moonlight and the rest of your does are stunning!

MadHouse and Ashlynn like this.
  13. Ashlynn

Sep 30, 2017
    Lutz, FL
    Thank you! Have big plans to improve my herd next season via bucks they’ll be bred with. I love these girls!

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
    MadHouse and CaramelKittey like this.
  14. LisaCan89

LisaCan89 Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2016
    Tennessee
    She looks super close. Can’t wait to see some babies!!

15. MadHouse

Moonlight’s udder looks ready I think!
    Soon soon soon!
    :kid::kid2::kid3:

CaramelKittey likes this.
  16. Ashlynn

Sep 30, 2017
    Lutz, FL
    She’ll probably have it when I’m gone one day, but as long as they’re healthy I don’t mind coming home to them.

17. Ashlynn

Sep 30, 2017
    Lutz, FL
    Oopsies! I was so focused on Moonlight that I forgot Ebony! For some reason I thought Ebony was due a little later, but just checked my dates and she’s due the same time as Moonlight. She is away by herself so I guess Moonlight will be getting a roommate (Ebony is Moonlight’s mom and bestie so it should be okay).

Attached Files:

18. Ashlynn

Sep 30, 2017
    Lutz, FL
    I’ll need to double check but Ebony’s ligaments seem to be “gone” too. This will be her second freshening. Last year we didn’t breed her because she was too skinny from the triplets she had as a FF.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
  19. LisaCan89

LisaCan89 Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2016
    Tennessee
    So far the off by themself sign hasn’t failed me. Keep us posted.

20. Ashlynn

Sep 30, 2017
    Lutz, FL
    image.jpg Having contractions together