Lyla Kidded!!! Single, Blue-eyed Doe - Pics Added pg. 2

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by capriola-nd, Feb 17, 2009.

1. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    I kind of used all the memory on my camera for Claribelle, but here are a couple pics of my Lyla. :) I haven't done "the clip" yet so you can't see much of anything. . .

Baby guesses? Looks like twins to me. I have so many people wanting wethers so I wouldn't mind boys. :) I also have someone interested in a doe though, soooo. :) Wouldn't it be nice if she gave me triplets? ;)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Re: Lyla on Day 142

She is such a cute little girl. Very excited to see what ya get!! Keep us posted!

3. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

I think she's gonna give you :girl: :boy: and she has about a week to torment you!

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

she is really pretty....can't wait to see what she has.... :greengrin:

5. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Re: Lyla on Day 144

Well, today is day 144 and she looks bigger, more uncomfortable, and kinda fussy.

I will try to get some pics tomorrow or Saturday.

6. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Re: Lyla, Day 145 - Ligs Gone, Udder Full, Early Labor!!

Early labor is here!!!! Ligs are gone, udder is tight, and she is fussy! Yippeee! Hoping for babies by the end of the day and a healthy delivery!!

I just went and talked to her, consoling her. I told her that almost 15 months ago, I watched her be born, wiped her nose, and helped her nurse! I just think that is too cool! :) I know a lot of you are so used to that, but she really feels like my "daughter." :)

7. Jenna

Jenna New Member

Jan 7, 2009

Can't wait for that experience, my first does are only just born...Hope she has a easy delivery and nice healthy kids!!

8. helmstead

helmstead New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Alfordsville, IN

That is too cool, I'm so excited for you! I just recently bought back two of my homebred does out of my best milker, Marybelle. One is due in May and I can't wait!! Same deal here...neat to be a part of more than one generation.

9. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX

I can't wait to see!!

10. KW Farms

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA

So this is a very special delivery for ya Olivia...that's neat, such a good feeling!!! I can't wait til she has them! Be sure to take lots of pics!!!

11. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma

Exciting! Hoping for a safe delivery! :)

12. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

How is she doing Olivia?

It is a great feeling to be part of the "next generation"...I missed my Angels first birth, she did it all on her own, but I do pln on being with her this time!! Unless of course she's sneaky again! lol

13. Firestone Creek Farm

Firestone Creek Farm New Member

Jul 11, 2008
    NC, USA

can't wait til I get to experience this!!! Hope things are going well....

14. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon

The rest of the afternoon, she spent eating and resting kind of. . . . now she is getting down to business. Stringy goop about 1.5 inches. Saw a couple pushes but not real active labor, yet. Getting ready to go check on her again. I am :pray: and :pray: for a quick and easy delivery!!! I'm so nervous on the inside but I am being really quiet around her.

15. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts

:pray: I hope she has a quick text book delivery for you with some :girl: :girl: :hug:

16. Victoria

Victoria New Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Vernonia, Oregon

Come on Lyla!! Be good to your Mommy!! :wink:
    (don't make her sleep in the barn all night!! :ZZZ: )

17. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon

Well, she didn't make me sleep in the barn but I didn't get a whole lot of sleep, obviously. It is 5am here and I've been awake on and off all night.

Anywho, Lyla started really pushing at 3am. She'd been having small contractions throughout the night and I was really freaking out inside thinking she was moving too slow. So, 3am I hear her scream (left my window cracked; my room is right close to the barn). I called to Lydia and ran outside. She was pushing really hard for about 10 minutes when I saw what I thought were two hooves. . . nope, just one big one. The kid was presented correctly but just HUGE! So, I helped pull the baby out. I just made sure that the head was there before pulling. There was no room to get the head but I just hoped it would follow well.

Picked baby up after Lyla finished cleaning and said to Lyd, "how much you want to bet this baby cow is a boy?" - flipped her over and it's a GIRL!!! :girl: !!!! :stars: After all that worry, I'm just happy it's a girl. :) I might just have to keep her. ;) She is a beautiful golden color and may have faint chamoisee markings. Looks like she might have blue eyes but I'm not positive yet.

Lyla worked so, so hard that she prolapsed her rectum a little bit. I've never had that happen so I called Victoria (thanks so much Victoria!!!) - she walked me through dealing with that. So, momma and baby are doing fine. I bounced her and didn't feel anymore. She was working on passing the placenta when I left.

I gave Lyla and baby some Arnica for healing and Rescue Remedy. Starting Lyla on antibiotics later today.

So, that's the story. :) Pics are coming later today when the baby girl is all dried off. Oh, baby girl weighed about 4 lbs. at birth so Lyla did pretty good for having a big baby girl.

18. Jenna

Jenna New Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Re: Lyla Kidded Day 146!!!

Congrats on the :girl: :stars:

19. KW Farms

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA

Congrats!!!! She sounds like a cutie! Can't wait to see pics!

20. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008

Congrats on the doeling!