The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
Re: Lyrae, rear and udder shots.

I think her udder will be wide in the rear, height, kind of hard to tell. She is going to have nice sized teats though :)

and as far as the cha cha goes, yes she's pregnant :shades:

·
Registered
580 Posts

how far along is she?? She is gorgeous, I too think that udder is going to be nice and BIG!

·
Registered
3,597 Posts

She does appear like she will have a single, but you NEVER, NEVER, NEVER know!!! I think she will have a nice udder though :hi5:

·
Registered
3,597 Posts

I bet in no time she will look great! I feed one cup of grain, 1 cup of Alfalfa pellets, 1/4 cup of barley and at night I put a 1/4 cup of Sunflower seeds and Fast Track on my preggy doe's gran(the last month) I individual feed so I know EXACTLY how much each goat gets. So I would say that 5 handfuls wouldn't be enough for a preggy nubian. BUT that's just lil' ole me =) I feed my goats twice a day too.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Well I'll get her feed up and everything. Poor thing kept crying for someone so I went ahead and put Heidi in with her as she was the only one not bein aggressive towards her. :greengrin: And Lyric is STEAMING! :shocked: I've never seen her jealous before! But she keeps baaing at me which she NEVER does and then tries to bite Lyrae through the fence and Lyrae has never tried anything. I guess they'll have to work they're pecking order out eventually. :roll: Should I wait until Lyrae kids to put her in with Lyric? Lyric has tried to hit her stomach multiple times. :help:

·
Registered
4,251 Posts

I would keep her separate if Lyric is acting like that. When I got Raven everybody wanted to KILL her. I kept her separate her whole pregnancy so she wouldn't have problems.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Okay great! Do you think it's okay to leave Heidi in with her though? She seems to actually like Lyrae. :greengrin:

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Well, Lyric still has Tempest and Molly my sheep and now Thor my rescue wether is back. And she can still see Heidi.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Okay she's already acting off and I'm paranoid. It rained last night and now she's not interested in eating ANYTHING. :( She's not acting like herself at all. She's been pretty vocal since she's been here and now she's near silent. Advice please? :help:

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts

the stress might be getting ot her.

Try some nutri drench. Does she eat hay?

I have a doe who one day will eat grain and the next turn her nose up at it (kidded quads) and she is fine, eats tons of hay

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

I decided to just take her to the vet. And she had a slight temp. but other than that and being on the thin side she was fine. So he gave her an antibiotic, and you know what? As soon as we got home she ATE!!! :clap: She didn't eat much, about half a cup, but that's better than before!

1 - 20 of 74 Posts