Lyric and her ligs ?

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Nubiansrus1, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Nubiansrus1

Nubiansrus1 New Member

Sep 2, 2009
    I never have been able to find the ligs and then later feeling them fading. Not sure why. Im a dork I guess lol. Anyways... I think I figured it out with lyric. I think her ligs are fading!! They seem to be alot harder to feel, and its almost like they have "moved" they seemed closer to her tail base before, and now it feels closer to like her hip area [best I can tell where] This sound right? How long do they have at this point? Shes past due by the date I saw her breed, so I have no idea when it actually "took" Thanks in advance everyone. Im going nuts!! Were gonna have lots of kids soon, but none yet. Thought lyric would have had em by now.

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    yup you got it :)

Hope she doesnt string you out for long and kids easily for you

3. Nubiansrus1

Nubiansrus1 New Member

Sep 2, 2009

Yes!! That has been so frustrating to not be able to feel that. LOL

Yeah shes driving me nuts. So how close are they when they are losing them but not lost them? Not having a due date drives me nuts. But yay to getting closer. last yr when I got her from an auction she a boer baby, and she had it so easily. I was surprised. Dont know why they breed ehr to a boer, maybe an accident and thats why they took her to the auction. She had such a nice doe. :)

4. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

once the ligaments are totally gone they usually kid within 12 hours

but they can soften up and drop down for days and even weeks.....so until they are gone, you dont really know
    also- I have had some goats have firm ligs at one check and at a check an hour later they have vanished, so sometimes they go really quickly, and other times it takes a long time for the ligs to go

5. Nubiansrus1

Nubiansrus1 New Member

Sep 2, 2009

Thank you both. Darn... this is driving me nuts. But yay I felt the ligs are... Im happy. :cool:

6. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    also - they tend to "trick" ya and feel like they are softer then they are if you check right after they tinkle~

7. Nubiansrus1

Nubiansrus1 New Member

Sep 2, 2009

Darn does, they seem to like tricking us. I was watching her awhile, so I dont think shed just "tinkled" but man Im gonna go nuts. Anyone wanna see more udder pics? lmao

8. Nubiansrus1

Nubiansrus1 New Member

Sep 2, 2009
    Woohooo they are almost gone!!

9. Nubiansrus1

Nubiansrus1 New Member

Sep 2, 2009
    *Really hates waiting* I really think my other does may go before her. Or there gonna all drive me insane doing this. I believe the second will be right. At least ya all understand lol. Hubby is going nuts hearing about it.