Lyric in labor? Is this right? [Please read quickly]

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Nubiansrus1, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Nubiansrus1

Nubiansrus1 New Member

Sep 2, 2009
    Lyric seems to be in labor, but Im not sure, Is this just her water breaking? She is having bags of fluid.. one is a large bag of amber fluid and the other is a small clear bag. Also clear stream coming from her. I didnt see her have hr kid last year. Is this normal? Never seen it before.

2. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    You need to go in, the kid is not presenting right.

The clear bag is her water and the red bag is the one the kid is in. If your seeing a lot of it then the kid is probably not in the right position. If she has been pushing without progress for a long time then you need to go in. Just make sure you clean up your hands real good before going in.

3. Nubiansrus1

Nubiansrus1 New Member

Sep 2, 2009

So is it like placenta previa? The "placenta" coming out before the kid?

She doesnt seem in distress

4. Nubiansrus1

Nubiansrus1 New Member

Sep 2, 2009
    She isnt down and pushing at all, just walking around.

5. 4kids

4kids New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    I agree with Runaround. Scrub up your hands, use some lubricant and go in. Better to check on things then let them go to far with a bad outcome (I speak from experience here!). You can do it!

6. Goat Crazy

Goat Crazy New Member

Feb 8, 2010
    NE Ohio
    This sounds normal to me, but I am a newbie . My doe had the same thing clear fluid and amber fluid then after about ten min. she started pushing 5min. later kid number one!

7. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    It wont hurt to at least go in a couple finger to find out if there are hooves and a nose present or not. The bags are normal, but I've never had a doe just walk about with them hanging out like nothing was happening unless the kid/kids were presenting wrong.

8. Nubiansrus1

Nubiansrus1 New Member

Sep 2, 2009
    The kid was not positions right. Its head was way out of place. I went in there and had a look around and the doe really was screaming her head off. That was the most crazy intense amazing thing... had to go in a few times before but this time I thought I was just saving mom, the kid was just still... but I slowly pulled out an alive buck that looks just like mommy, shes cleaning him now... will post pics in a few... my heart is racing like crazy!!

9. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    :clap: :clap: Glad you got him out alive! :stars: :stars: Great Job! :hug:

Don't forget to put her on antibiotics now and I'd probably go in again just to make sure there are no other kids coming. Or you can bump her to feel if there are any others.

10. Pam B

Pam B New Member

Oct 15, 2007
    Southern Michigan
    Congratulations! Keep an eye on her. There might be another kid yet. If she starts pushing again that means there is more to come.

11. Nubiansrus1

Nubiansrus1 New Member

Sep 2, 2009
    [​IMG]

Hes small but so is his mama.... hes already wanting to stand but mom keeps cleaning lol

12. 4kids

4kids New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Great Job!!!!!!

13. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    What a precious little one - congrats!!!!

14. Nubiansrus1

Nubiansrus1 New Member

Sep 2, 2009
    Wow those kids were a mess!!!

She had anothger buckling, his leg was totally twisted back...had to search for the last leg, the kid was crying, mom was freaking!! He was half out and moms trying to walk around!!!

15. 4kids

4kids New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Well... it's good experience atleast! I try to remind myself "what did I learn" after every difficult birth.

16. WalnutGroveFarm

WalnutGroveFarm Senior Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Wow glad things turned out good. Congrats on the good job done.

17. lissablack

lissablack New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    You did a great job!

Jan

18. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    great job.....congrats....... :greengrin: :love: :hi5: :clap:

19. farmgirl42

farmgirl42 New Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Eastern Ohio
    :clap: Congratulations! Good thing you were there!