Madame's triplets

Discussion in 'Birth Announcements' started by lissablack, Apr 17, 2010.

1. lissablack

lissablack New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Madame kidded this morning, with no problems, and she had two does and a buck. So far I intend to keep the buck intact, this is her third kidding and I have no fertile kids from her. So the two does definitely and the buck maybe. It rained all night and she waited until the weather cleared, so she could have them outside in the spot she picked out and prepared yesterday. I don't know if they can really wait, but it sure looked like it. In the meantime I was up every 90 minutes all night going out in the rain to check on her. She looked at me every time like I was nuts. I will be working on better pictures of the kids over the next few days, and weeks, of course, but the picture of Madame really tickled me. (They are kinder goats)

[​IMG]

And these are the kids closer. They were very stumbly and scrunched up still, so I don't really know yet how they are going to look. But cute.
    [​IMG]

I am so relieved to be done. In three weeks we are off to Missouri to bring home two buck kids and a doe kid. And then the barn and the new pens and pretty much a whole new arrangement for them.

Jan

2. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas
    Congrats on the new babies, they really are cute. Mom is adorable and looks like shes got a smart alec thought going on in her mind.

3. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    They are adorable!!! Congrats!

4. lissablack

lissablack New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Thanks! Madame is not camera shy although she is shy of people other than me. It took us a year to make friends. But she mugs for the camera. My best goat pictures are all of her.

Jan

5. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    aww!
    beautiful kids, and great photos :)

6. lissablack

lissablack New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Thank you, I have a pretty good camera. And we took over 90 pictures and got two I liked. These two. My friend who was here helping me likes to take dozens of pictures of birthing goo. At least this year she skipped the placenta pictures. But there are pictures of the brown doe with big amounts of goo hanging off her chin.

Jan

7. farmgirl42

farmgirl42 New Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Eastern Ohio
    Congratulations on the cute babies! :love: And, I agree, Madame looks like whatever she is thinking is very smart alec-y. :slapfloor:

8. lissablack

lissablack New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    I think she is very proud of those babies.

Jan

9. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Congratulations!!

All are just adorable and so different from each other!! Mama looks very proud of her babies :love:

10. Oh, are't they lovly! Congrats on such cuties!

11. lissablack

lissablack New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Thanks! Their sire is solid black, and very big.

Jan

12. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    :stars: Congrats on the three-they are wonderful-momma should be proud! :greengrin:

13. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    so adorable ...congrats.... :greengrin: :love:

14. WalnutGroveFarm

WalnutGroveFarm Senior Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    They are very cute congrats.

15. lissablack

lissablack New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Thank you! This is day three and they are doing great, and she is still feeding all of them. I think it's going to be all right.

Jan