The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We made butter for our first time last night! We stripped cream from the tops of our gallons of milk every day for a week. Read lots of different recipes and how-to's. :grin:

Proceeded to completely do it the "wrong" way by just dumping the cream into a large covered mixing bowl hot out of the dishwater and turning the blender on high. No chilling, no cold refrig time.....:crazy:

So happy when it did still clump up! Poured the butter clumps and buttermilk thru cheesecloth to separate. Dumped the ball of butter into ice water and worked with hands until water was cloudy, repeated until clear. Worked salt into the butter and then refrigerated in a glass bowl overnight.

Seems to taste like yummy butter! :fireworks:

Attachments

·
Registered
501 Posts
Awesome. It looks really white instead of yellow. Is it extra creamy? Looks like it would be.

I really want to do that. I will have three in milk this year. Maybe I'll have enough milk to make into butter, cheese and yogurt instead of just enough for coffee.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome. It looks really white instead of yellow. Is it extra creamy? Looks like it would be.

I really want to do that. I will have three in milk this year. Maybe I'll have enough milk to make into butter, cheese and yogurt instead of just enough for coffee.
Yes. It is indeed white...from what I read online it is supposed to be white not yellow. There is a good reason, but I can't remember what it was.:hammer:

Just tastes like butter....maybe a bit different because of the salt content....need to try it without salt so we can tell the difference. Would like to try making cream cheese next.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts