Magazines

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by goatiegurl*Oh, Nov 28, 2008.

1. goatiegurl*Oh

goatiegurl*Oh Senior Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Ohio
    Are there any good goat magazines? Like info on care,showing,how to make cheese, etc I might ask for a subscription for Christmas

2. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    i subscribe to "the Goat Rancher' -mostly boer. "Hobby Farms", i think the ADGA or AGS might have one. there is also a dairy goat journal somewhere.

3. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    I have a subscription to Dairy Goat Journal; they often have food stuff recipies from milk amoungst other items.

4. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

i like dairy goat journal, each dairy breed has its own club too. I belong to apines international.
    beth

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Dairy goat Journal is a good one

6. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    I subscribe to DGJ and I also subscribe to United Caprine News, UCN in my favorite.

7. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    I would think Dairy Goat Journal would be a good one for you. :) There's the one that NDGA offers that I want to get, the Dwarf Digest, or something like that. We're still members of NPGA and they have a really good magazine that comes out four times a year.

8. Sybil

Sybil New Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Rainier, Oregon
    I get United Caprine News only because it used to be a very large goat magazine. Now with the internet less people are advertising through paper...............UCN is ok. I also get Goat Rancher because I figure goats are basically the same wether meat or dairy as far as diseases and meat goats seem very popular so there is a lot of interest focused on them at this time. Haven't seen Dairy Goat Journal for long time. It is nice to get something to keep up in the goat world news.