The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
We just orderred one and have heard good reviews about it at shows... Its like a little hand pump milker thing lol. I cant wait to get it.

·
Premium Member
23,224 Posts
I bought one and used it on my Angel... the constant suction needed to extract the milk was too much and my pretty pink teated doe ended up with purple teats for an hour after use :( Also, the "shell/ teat cups" are simply syringes without the plungers, hard plastic with no give to them

·
Registered
626 Posts
I bought one and used it on my Angel... the constant suction needed to extract the milk was too much and my pretty pink teated doe ended up with purple teats for an hour after use :( Also, the "shell/ teat cups" are simply syringes without the plungers, hard plastic with no give to them
We bought alot of stuff to customize it, a larger teat cup and a gallon recepticle

·
Registered
96 Posts
i have a Dansha Farms milker, kinda like the same thing, got it off ebay, just write in "dansha farms" or hand pump milker, you will find it. i have been using it since jan of this week, still works great and i use it every day!

·
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just bumping this one up. Still haven't bought a Maggidan milker. Was mostly thinking of buying one for when my husband has to milk. But this year I have a doe that has such small teats that I am having a hard time milking her. Now I am thinking it is time for me to get one for her. I will probably sell her so don't want to invest in a pulsating machine cause I actually enjoy hand milking. Anyone else have good luck with it??

·
Registered
4,348 Posts
I recently bought something very similar, only it uses a glass mason jar to collect the milk. I got it for my FF with tiny teats. It works GREAT!

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
I have a Maggidan. I like it. I don't use it all that much though. When I do I go slow and release often as to not damage their teats...

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have one as well. I have not been able to hand milk my two ND (first goats, small teats and no clue what I am doing). I found that realeasing the suction once the milk stop flowing and starting again, along with masaging the udder seems to do a great job. It is simple to use and works great for me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts