The Goat Spot Forum banner
61 - 80 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
When we were kids, my mom had a hot wire by the horse corral. My little brother was maybe 3? He was out there holding it with both hands closed and rubbing his forehead back and forth on it. So of course I’m thinking we’ll that must not be on and reach out to touch it- zapped me good! I was so shocked 😏
My brother is a professor at a college now and he speaks several languages and went higher in math than I even knew about so maybe the electric shock brain waves was a good thing? 😂

·
Registered
A bunch of goats, 1 cow, 1 horse, 1 dog and three cats
951 Posts
I’m pretty gun shy of electric fence now. I set up 200ft. for the goats and then tested it with my finger. It popped me. Then I got on the gator and went to the middle of the fence and put my finger on. I waited like 5 seconds and started to think something was wrong when it hit me. Hard. It hurt so bad. Then I went down to the very end of the fence and put my finger in, waited, and then it hit me even harder. I felt a shock on my hip too that hurt worse than my finger. Then I realized it was because I was touching metal on the gator. So now I don’t test fences while sitting on the gator. I’m even afraid of testing the fences at all. I put my finger on in between pulses and then yank it off again right before the next one so it takes me 4-5 tries to test the fence.
I bet that hurt bad 😖

·
Registered
Kinder Goats
2,771 Posts
I’m pretty gun shy of electric fence now. I set up 200ft. for the goats and then tested it with my finger. It popped me. Then I got on the gator and went to the middle of the fence and put my finger on. I waited like 5 seconds and started to think something was wrong when it hit me. Hard. It hurt so bad. Then I went down to the very end of the fence and put my finger in, waited, and then it hit me even harder. I felt a shock on my hip too that hurt worse than my finger. Then I realized it was because I was touching metal on the gator. So now I don’t test fences while sitting on the gator. I’m even afraid of testing the fences at all. I put my finger on in between pulses and then yank it off again right before the next one so it takes me 4-5 tries to test the fence.
That seems to be about the most painful way to go about testing the fence. There are other options. 😆

·
Registered
I am every where you can’t escape I know your Whereabouts I see you when your sleeping so Why hide
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
you do really need a fence tester!!

·
Registered
I am every where you can’t escape I know your Whereabouts I see you when your sleeping so Why hide
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
That’s a gator [mention]Mike at Capra Vista [/mention]

61 - 80 of 101 Posts