Making a banner

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Dover Farms, Oct 27, 2007.

1. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    I see some of you have banners on your websites. I would like to make a banner for our farm, but we don't have software to make a banner. :(

Is there somewhere I can make one for free?

Thanks for your help!

2. PixieDustHollow

PixieDustHollow New Member

Oct 4, 2007
    Delaware
    If you have Microsoft paint, you can make a banner.

3. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
  4. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    Thanks Crissa! I do have a question, though. It says for personal use only...I want to make a banner that we would have advertised on the Khimaira...would that be okay?

5. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    That should be fine, I think it means that you can't distribute it to others for a price or sell creations that you make for other people. I use it all the time.

6. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    Thanks again Crissa! :D

I have some questions about, so I am going to PM you...

7. PACE

PACE New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Mass
    Crissa, is that what you used to make the one in your signature?

8. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Yep that's the one! I love to play around with the different effects! :D I wish I could do what Stacey does and take a "picture" of what to do.

9. PACE

PACE New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Mass
    That's so cool! I think I'll download it and make one too :D Or at least try to... lol I don't know if I can even figure out how to downlad it... I'm not very computer savvy, you see :?

10. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    I'm not really all that computer savvy either. It's actually pretty simple once you start playing with it.

11. fcnubian

fcnubian New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    WOW its going to take me forever to download it.

I have dial up...lol

12. PACE

PACE New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Mass
    Well... I downloaded it and have no idea how to use it! How did you get the outline of your animals on a different background? And what is the magic wand thing used for? I am confused, but hopefully playing around with it will help me understand what I'm doing. LOL

13. fcnubian

fcnubian New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Yup Im confused to!

Can you explain this program please?

14. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Okay I'll try, to get the outline you go down to the polygon thing and you just follow the outline of the goat with it. First you'll want to make the background though. I haven't really used the magic wand so I have no idea what it does, I'll try to figure it out. What else do you want to know?

15. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    I use the majic wand for copying and pasteing. But I use Photoshop Pro so it may be a bit different.

16. PACE

PACE New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Mass
  17. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    That's a lot better than what I did! I really like it, how did you do the background?

18. PACE

PACE New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Mass
    Oh, first I did a solid color, then I used the smudge tool, then I swirled it (which I found in the toolbar as a option).

Thanks! I've done some other things too, but I'm working on an English paper now (due tomorrow :x ) So I'll have to show them later...

19. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    What do you ya think? It needs some touch-ups. I started getting frustrated, because I couldn't figure out how to get the cropped pic to where I wanted it! :oops: :lol: Downloaded something else and that didn't work either, so I just starting playing around on the one you gave me, Crissa. And I figured it out!! We are getting along better now! :D

20. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    I think it's really pretty! I'm glad that it's working better for you now! :D