Making my web page

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by rebelshope, Oct 1, 2008.

1. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    I got a couple of questions if want to post my goats pedigree can I cut and paste from another site? Do I have to ask permission?

Also if I want ref. buck or does listed, do I have to ask before I post pic of those animals?

If I want to link back to someone else's page, again do I have to aks? Does it matter if it is an assn. or private farm?

2. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    i believe that if it is your goat, you have the rights to the papers etc.

pictures of the ref. animals, you need to ask the owner for permission, unless its on an association site. like abga, or adga.

Associations would love to get the extra traffic, so linking there isnt a problem, i'd ask about private ranch sites though.

3. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    If you own the animal, go ahead. But as Alaska Boer's said above, you need to ask for permission to use reference photos.

4. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I personally would not link to pedigrees unless it is one of your own pages. You can generate a pedigree through sitstay.com and then copy and paste onto your webpage. Just fill in the blanks and it will do the work for you!

As far as reference bucks. I have a picture of a reference buck on my page, but I owned him at the time of convieving the kids. However if it was a buck that was brought to the ranch for only breeding and was owned by someone else or my doe went somewhere else, you would need to ask permission first.

As far as links - I only ask if it is a personal website and not a business. I also do not post "just anyone" as a link. It has to be someone that I trust the quality of their animals, they do things the way I would want my customers / friends / family to be treated. there is nothing worse then someone linking off of your site, and they get treated like crap or something is not right - because then you look stupid too! Just imo!

5. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    See I knew you guys would know! :)

Most of the links I wanted to link to right now are just assn. I did want pic of the buck that would be the sires for my does, so i will contact that person and see if I can't get permission to use them.

I am trying out that sitstay pedigree generator. That looks really neat.