The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there has been posts about making own feed,I would like too,was thinking boss,oats,cracked corn,would like to add my manna pro minerals,what else do I need to add?

·
Registered
198 Posts
We have a very special formula for our goats here. Their base is Purina Caprine Noble(medicated) with sunflower seeds, dried beet pulp, barley, crimped oats, flax seed, alfalfa pellets, and a few others. They also get free-choice minerals, bicarbonate soda, diamond v yeast culture, kelp, zinpro 4-plex, sulfur salt, and cobalt salt.
Their coats are shinier, production is better...Best forumula.

·
8,390 Posts
We have a very special formula for our goats here. Their base is Purina Caprine Noble(medicated) with sunflower seeds, dried beet pulp, barley, crimped oats, flax seed, alfalfa pellets, and a few others. They also get free-choice minerals, bicarbonate soda, diamond v yeast culture, kelp, zinpro 4-plex, sulfur salt, and cobalt salt.
Their coats are shinier, production is better...Best forumula.
Are you permitted to use medicated feed in dairy goats? I had ordered a dairy goat feed and our local feed mill got in the medicated feed. The owner told me that I couldn't use the medicated feed in my lactating does.
(First I had heard of that).

·
Goat Feeder
1,436 Posts
For about the price of mixing up a bunch of different grains, BOSS, kelp, flax seed, yeast, knotty pine seeds, beets, turnip greens, eye of newt, hair of black bear, Uranium 235, Ammonium Chloride, chelated Siberian Iron, spilt pea soap, ham bone, fish meal, frog legs, fat back, ham hock, turkey feather, bald eagle nest, popcorn, malted barley, sprouted wheat, bulgar wheat, bicycle tire, love grass, free range rooster droppings, quinoa, coffee beans, cocco butter, etc, etc, etc, I can feed a complete show feed with the right balance of minerals, vitamins, trace minerals, and a stable supply chain.

The best way and least expensive option is to have your own pellet made. 20Kidsonhill has a pellet they make for their operation. If you order by the ton that is the most economical way to go if you desire to feed you goats a certain blend.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Are you permitted to use medicated feed in dairy goats? I had ordered a dairy goat feed and our local feed mill got in the medicated feed. The owner told me that I couldn't use the medicated feed in my lactating does.
(First I had heard of that).
Of course you can use it! You cant drink the milk because of the medication against coccidiosis, but it is good for the kids! If i am drinking the milk, i switch to blue seal dairy goat.

·
Katrina
3,315 Posts
For about the price of mixing up a bunch of different grains, BOSS, kelp, flax seed, yeast, knotty pine seeds, beets, turnip greens, eye of newt, hair of black bear, Uranium 235, Ammonium Chloride, chelated Siberian Iron, spilt pea soap, ham bone, fish meal, frog legs, fat back, ham hock, turkey feather, bald eagle nest, popcorn, malted barley, sprouted wheat, bulgar wheat, bicycle tire, love grass, free range rooster droppings, quinoa, coffee beans, cocco butter, etc, etc, etc, I can feed a complete show feed with the right balance of minerals, vitamins, trace minerals, and a stable supply chain.

The best way and least expensive option is to have your own pellet made. 20Kidsonhill has a pellet they make for their operation. If you order by the ton that is the most economical way to go if you desire to feed you goats a certain blend.
Funny post!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts