Making Sacrifices

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Epona142, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Sigh. As most of you know, my roof was severely damaged recently. And of COURSE it coincides with the most financially strapped month. So I had to take a step back and look at our options.

And I'm selling Buckly. :(

It makes me sad, as I'm really fond of him, but what has to be done has to be done. I have a friend who's wanted him for a while now, and we're trying to work out a way to get Buckly to him, as he lives pretty far from here.

It's not all bad I suppose . . . most of the does have been bred, or hopefully have been bred. If not, my neighbor has a cute little Nigi buck I can use. And I do have Ozzy, my new little polled buckling, who is turning out nicely so far.

It just stinks. I'll miss him a ton, but I'll know he's in a good home. :sigh:

2. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Sacrifices hurt, especially when it involves a loved fur kid. Take some comfort in knowing that he'll have a good home :hug:

3. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Oh gosh, i'm so sorry. :hug: At least you know he'll be getting a great home and maybe when you guys get back on your feet you can possibly buy him back or something. :shrug: :hug:

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    awe Im sorry -- but congrats on him having a home all lined up. Its so hard to sell grown bucks! :hug: