Male Rabbits dieing????

Discussion in 'Other Animals For Sale' started by Tog Lovers, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Tog Lovers

Tog Lovers New Member

Oct 10, 2007
    Greensburg, PA
    I am at my wits end. We just can't seem to keep male rabbits. 4 Mos ago we lost 1. Now tonight we found the 2 that we got just a month ago dead in their cages. We feed them the same as the females. We keep them separate so we don't have an overabundance of bunnies. Could they be getting stressed from not being able to breed? I am so upset right now I want to cry. They looked and acted healthy. Didn't show any signs of anything being wrong. If anyone knows anyhting that we should be doing different for the males please let us know.

2. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    I'm sure you know more about rabbits then I do, but back when I had meat rabbits I had some babies die unexpectedly...they were healthy and I think already weaned. I later found out the neighbor kid cut his grass and thought it would be good to feed the fresh cut grass to my rabbits. They had only had hay, so they got bloat from the wet grass. Sorry you lost your little rabbits. :shrug:

3. Tog Lovers

Tog Lovers New Member

Oct 10, 2007
    Greensburg, PA
    Thank you Di. I am just so upset. We just keep trying to figure out what we are doing wrong. It's odd that only the males are dieing. I feel so bad for Rich. One of them was his. He fell in love with the little guy the moment he saw him, even named him. It's very agrivating.

4. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    ok i have rabbits do you feed them any lettuce or greens? if so thats the root of the problem. they can't handel it.. you can give them bananas and some citrus.( mine love it)
    also dont give them any of the rabbit treats you buy in the store. they aren't to great for them.

rabbits also love uncooked oatmeal!

sorry bout your bunnies