The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
I tried the whole "convert to tablespoons" method, and it's really just easier to leave it out free choice! Just put a small bowl out with minerals and they will eat it whenever they need it. :) and I think it was only 1 or 2 teaspoons if you dosed it out... I can't remember exactly!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok I will just put some out for them! I have been putting it it in with their food and they lick around their food to get the minerals then eat their food so I didn't think they were getting enough!! Do they make a larger than 8 lb bag?

·
Registered
13,076 Posts
Really ? A forty pound bag would be great but the shipping is sure going to hurt , lol

I use it exclusively , I leave it out free choice as well.

·
730 Posts
Really ? A forty pound bag would be great but the shipping is sure going to hurt , lol

I use it exclusively , I leave it out free choice as well.
>> Id ask one of the managers at TSC if they could special order you a 40lb bag and see if they can get it with one of their regular shipments for you! That would mean >> NO SHIPPING FEES<<!!!:cool:

·
Registered
13,076 Posts
Wish I could do that , but we dont have any TSC near us :(
Im going to try to ask where I get my feed from , see if they can do it.
I was just talking about bigger bags of the MP to her the other day and she mentioned they dont make bigger bags. I'll have to look into it further . But thanks for the suggestion fd123 ;)
Hope all is well with you .

·
Amber
1,339 Posts
It does come in 40lb bags my local feed store orders it for me all the time.

·
Registered
220 Posts
A 1/4oz Mana Pro = 1 gently rounded teaspoon. I determined this by weighing it on a kitchen scale. I feed my goats 1/4 oz mixed into their food once /day and also leave it out free choice.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Ok I will just put some out for them! I have been putting it it in with their food and they lick around their food to get the minerals then eat their food so I didn't think they were getting enough!! Do they make a larger than 8 lb bag?
I mix my goats feed with a bit of water when I feed them, so that when I have to add something that they would usually pick around, that they don't notice it. It works with mineral and Molly's herbal wormer, although something bitter probably wouldn't work. The first few days they picked at their grain but now they eat it happily except for one wether. They also haven't choked since making their little mash.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts