The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do marbled eyes look like? I keep hearing about goats w/ marbled eyes, but still don't exactly know what it looks like. It's sounds really pretty, but i've never seen. Anyone have pics???

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Great question! Man, was I wrong in what I thought marbled eyes were. :) They are so beautiful! Love that last pic! Now that I think of that, we had a kid last year w/ marbling in his eyes, my mom kept thinking they were blue but that must have been marbling. . . . interesting. Great pics!

·
Registered
430 Posts
They can vary quite a bit, some tend to blend more brown(or gold) to blue, and others have more separated color, one of my doelings this year originally looked to have blue eyes, but now she has chunks of brown around the outsides. My other marble eyed kid this year had what looked like pale blue at first, but are now a nice blended color, blue in the center darkening to brown as you go out.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
I wouldn't mind having blue-eyes in some of my Mini-Manchas. Right now I only have two blue-eyed bucks nad one will be leaving this fall since he's sold. Just staying to stud for a while. I haven't completely made up my mind yet who to breed them to. I can't wait to see what they have and they're not even bred! Haha

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I don't know, I have a 3 year old wether like this that I thought it was because he was two weeks premature.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts