March doe kid!

Discussion in 'Goat Conformation' started by Kbarson, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Kbarson

Kbarson Member

Jul 26, 2016
    Please tell me what you like and don’t like from these pics of this March doeling! For the rear photo, I didn’t shave her udder area because her skin is soooo fairy my clippers just bunched the skin up and I was worried I was going to cut her. Thanks! Please feel free to comment even if you’re learning, I am too!! IMG_2302.jpg IMG_2305.jpg IMG_2303.jpg IMG_2310.jpg

Attached Files:

groovyoldlady likes this.
  2. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

She is a pretty girl!

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  4. Kbarson

Kbarson Member

Jul 26, 2016
    Thanks guys!! What specifically do you like about her?

toth boer goats likes this.
  5. groovyoldlady

groovyoldlady Goat Crazy!

Jul 21, 2011
    Central Maine
    My 20 year-old just looked over my shoulder and was immediately exclaiming over your doe. Love her strong legs and pasterns. Great rear leg angulation. Long, lovely dairy neck. Looks like she'll be deep bodied when she gets older. Her rump is not too steep, but I'd like to see a stronger chine. I'd like to see more width between the hocks, but that may come when she's older. Overall, she looks to be a very nice doe!

toth boer goats likes this.
  6. MellonFriend

MellonFriend Well-Known Member

Wow dem legs! She's like a beautiful cricket. She looks like she's got some real potential. :inlove:

7. Kbarson

Kbarson Member

Jul 26, 2016
    Thank you guys!! What would you find her biggest flaw to be? I have 4 super incredible bucks who each have their strong suits so I’m trying to plan who I might breed her to next year!

8. goatblessings

goatblessings Fair-Haven Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Southwest Ohio
    To really know what going on with her she needs to be set yp. Her head is unnaturally low in the milk stand making her seem pinched in the front end . - and she may not be. It’s hard to tell length as well - in one pic she looks nice and lung - in another a tad short couple. The chine might dip her given her head is liw in the stand.