The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The only feed my Lamancha and Saanen does seem to do well on is Blue Seal but at $22/ bag and special order it isn't my first choice. Last order got lost. I've tried the other goat feeds available locally: Purina, etc and a locally milled one and my does lose interest and lose weight. Mid South Mare and Foal feed is 16/7 and I'm going to take that leap.
Otherwise they free forage, I've changed their minerals three times cause they stop eating them, they are getting alfalfa hay.
Anything I should watch out for? It isn't for the buck or bucklings who are in a separate paddock; just the does.
GUARANTEED ANALYSIS
Crude Protein, Min 16.00%
L-Lysine, Min 0.95%
Methionine, Min 0.40%
Crude Fat, Min 7.00%
Crude Fiber, Max 8.00%
Calcium, Min 0.90%
Calcium, Max 1.40%
Phosphorus, Min 0.70%
Magnesium, Min 0.40%
Iron, Min 175 ppm
Zinc, Min 200 ppm
Manganese, Min 90 ppm
Copper, Min 50 ppm
Selenium, Min 0.60 ppm
Vitamin A, Min 8000 IU/lb
Vitamin E, Min 120 IU/lb
Biotin, Min 1.50 mg/lb
INGREDIENT LIST
Oats, Cracked Corn, Soybean Meal, Molasses, Alfalfa Meal, Vegetable Oil, Wheat Middling, Yeast Culture, Active Dry Yeast (Saccharomyces cervisiae), Cobalt Glucoheptonate, Dried Aspergillus orzaye Fermentation Solubles, Dried Bacillus licheniformis Fermentation Solubles, Dried Bacillus subtilis Fermentation Solubles, Dried Bacillus amyloiquefaciens Fermentation Solubles, Dried Trichoderma longibrachiatum Fermentation Solubles, Dried Enterococcus faecium Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus acidophilus Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus casei Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus plantarum Fermentation Product, Oligosaccharides, Calcium Carbonate, Monocalcium Phosphate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Salt, Kelp Meal, Vitamin A Supplement, Ascorbic Acid, Vitamin D3, Vitamin E, Vitamin B12, Riboflavin, Pantothenic Acid, Niacin, Choline Chloride, Folic Acid, Vitamin B6, Vitamin K, Thiamin, Biotin, Lysine, DL-Methionine, Sodium Selenite, Potassium Chloride, Magnesium Oxide, Manganous Oxide, Zinc Sulfate, Iron Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Cobalt Carbonate, Calcium Iodate, Ferric Choline, Polysaccharide Complex Zinc, Polysaccharide Complex Manganese, Polysaccharide Complex Copper, Polysaccharide Complex Cobalt, Anise Oil.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They are doing very well. I ran out of the Purina so started on the MidSouth Mare and Foal at 1 qt first morning, the 1 qt second morning and 1 qt that evening for two more days, then 2 qts each time and there were no issues with the change over. They look very well with coats getting a shine recently I hadn't seen in months. I'm paying $14/ 50 lbs for the mare and foal which is significantly cheaper than Dumor (16.99) Purina (19.99) or Blue Seal. I was paying $22/ 50 lbs for the Blue Seal.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you. Florida has been a huge challenge for my goats and goat-keeping. Hopefully at least the feed thing is behind us.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts