Mariposa kidded :-(

Discussion in 'Birth Announcements' started by Sweet Gum Minis, Feb 9, 2010.

1. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    She was due 2-18 but kidded yesterday on day 140 without anyone there to help. She had triplet doelings, my first ever. We lost all 3. :tears: The first born was completely cleaned and dry but gone, the other two never made it out of their sacks. I was completely devastated and cried a lot. I'm much better today and have learned my lesson from it. The day before Mariposa had no ligaments which was a freak thing that I happened to check as I don't normally this early. I shrugged it off just because it was so early. She didn't otherwise act remotely close. We didn't stall her or listen to the monitor because I felt it wasn't time yet. I was wrong. By the time I made my rounds in the morning and got to the doe barn and spotted them it was way too late. She'd long since passed the placenta. Mariposa is doing fine. I'm watching the other 4 due the same time even more closely. Anna's whole rump is mush but she tends to be a little different than other does with that and I've been with her for a few kiddings so she likes to 'tell' me when the time comes. I feel more confident I'll know when the time comes for her. However we are listening and watching all the time anyway. The other three, Secrets, Raven and Gwen still have their ligaments. I hope they all wait till at least the weekend before they kid, that is unless Anna and Secrets did in fact settle for the 2-13 due date. So hopefully they'll all go smoothly.

2. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    :hug: :cry: I'm so sorry for your losses Ashley. That's really tough. :hug:

3. I am so sorry to hear this.

4. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    :hug: I'm so sorry Ashley, I hope the others wait and have healthy deliveries.

5. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I too am sorry that happened. I know all to well about that this year. I lost twins just like what you said.

6. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    sad :(
    had the same thing happen this year, Rose just didnt look ready, kidded trips at night sometime. :(

7. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    My thoughts are with you for your losses; so very sad.
    Many :hug:.

8. 4hmama

4hmama New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    No. Central WV
    So sorry to hear about the kids...sending hugs, and hopes that the rest of your year is filled with safe kiddings, and healthy babies....

9. creekbottomgoats

creekbottomgoats Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Mississippi
    :hug: Sorry for your losses. :sigh:

Connie

10. pelicanacresMN

pelicanacresMN New Member

Sorry to hear about that :( At least the rest of us can learn from your experience. My girls are due starting around March 5th but I will keep an extra good watch before then.

11. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

Oh thats so sad, I am sorry you lost them all. :hug:

I bring all of my girls up to the kidding/junior doe barn at day 140 just for that reason.
    I know the kids are then "safe" and I'm able to keep a super close eye on them starting at that day 140 mark.

Ive never had ligaments lie to me yet- so If I feel like they are losing them at all, I am checking them very often to see their progress. Especially FF's- they can be so different until they establish a true kidding pattern.

12. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Thank you.

I've had ligaments lie. As a matter of fact, Anna has no ligaments and her whole rump is mush, typical of does getting ready to kid but she's not ready. Been this way for a few days now. That's just that I've noticed. She does this a lot though. We know her routine pretty good now.

My husband had said we should watch her and we did that day, but at night she was no different and surely didn't look ready to kid so it wasn't on the priority list considering the day she was on. Won't do that again.

The others are doing great. No babies anytime soon. Thank goodness.

13. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    I'm sorry to hear that Ashley, it seems like kidding has gone pretty rough this year for all of us... I wonder if it is from the weather? I'm sorry you lost the triplets... that is so sad. :( Sending Hugs your way!

14. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I am so very sorry ...it isn't easy..... :( :hug:

15. WalnutGroveFarm

WalnutGroveFarm Senior Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Im sorry for your loss. My neighbor has alot of her boer babies this year. I dont know what it is this year but it seems to be rough for everyone. My heart goes out to you.

16. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Member

Oct 19, 2009
  17. BetterBuckskins

BetterBuckskins New Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Taxachusetts
    I'm sorry for you r loss :hug:

18. Haviris

Haviris Member

Oct 7, 2007
    I'm so sorry about your babies. I had a similar thing happen to me this year, I was off on her due date by 4 days. Came out to find 3 dead baby does, but it didn't end up all bad for me, I did have one survivor (who I didn't see at first, just 3 dead kids). I hope your next girl gives you lots of live does!

19. farmergal

farmergal New Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Northern California