The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to sell 3 boer wethers at the auction in arthur and wanted to know if anyone knew how many cents a pound goats r bringing. Im selling them around 60 pounds and in may i know it was 1.80 a pound but im not sure what it is now.

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
Every place is different, in may, it starts to drop off, and here it is the lowest I have seen goat prices in the 5 years I have had goats. Nothing is for sure in the game of auction, but if your wanting to get them gone soon, I would do it now or wait a few months. Forth of July is almost here and thats brings a chance that the price will be some what decent. Me, Im keeping mine till fall. Here is a example of how sad prices are right now. I have NEVER got under $100 for my kids at 60 pounds. The most common price has been $130, I took 3 NICE bucks to the sale and got $85.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh wow. I am aware that the prices drop but i had no idea it was that much.....but another thing is that here ive Been told they sell better at auction from 40 to 60 pounds, However i have an auction date set for July 15.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts