Market Weather for 2010 *Pic added*

Discussion in 'Meat Market' started by goatnutty, Nov 22, 2009.

1. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    Ok so I have absolutely no idea when belle is due but i know she is bred and our fair is in june...last year she kidded in January and I had trouble getting her kids large enough for the fair...should I go ahead and plan to buy my market weather this year? I have emailed a woman about one out of her winter breedings and was leaning toward Precious/Midnight Rider. What do you think? Which of her breedings would you reserve a weather from and do you know of a farm in Indiana that you would recommend for weathers? Thank you, Sara

2. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN

3. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

Re: Market Weather for 2010

Well I have never personally bought anything from Roll Farms, But I can tell you (this may be a little sad) but I look at her page almost everyday and she is an awesome lady I have e-mailed her with questions and she has always been really helpful. If you look at her home page you can see she has had some winning goats. And as you look at all of her goats they are all healthy and well taken care of. One breeding I would recommend from her would be a wether out of Sassy if she has one, she said she was a really fast grower and so have been all of her kids. With the boer Kiko cross breeding, she said they have grown really well and they are more resistant to parasites. Just a thought.

4. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

Sorry I just looked at her breeding line up and also thought about Nissan she is the PB Kiko.

5. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN

I am actually leaning towards Sassy right now but I am still going to look around before I make a final decision...:) I really do agree that she takes great care of her animals and all though!

6. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN

I am picking up my weather tomorrow from Roll farms! He ws born on the 27th and He is out of Dio...he is solid black! Tell me what you think....here is the link... http://www.rollfarms.com/id27.html he is on the bottom right

7. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

He is really cute I actually saw him in person on tuesday. I bought Faith and Ruby, 2 bred dues. While I was there I got to see the babies. They are really nice people and will help you with anything they can, I was really shocked at how informative they were with me. Good luck I hope he grows and does good at the fair. If you win you will have to get a picture with the ribbons and send it to them so you can get 25 dollars off a wether next year.

8. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN

Thanks Roger! I'm really excited to be picking him up in the morning...I think they are really great people from my experience with them as well

9. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

On tuesday it was kinda Icy and they live kinda on a hill so when I was turning in I went in the ditch so if its icy becareful. My favorite babies are either dios doe or nissans buck with a little red on his head. I just like ones that are unique. The black ones are cool too. Both does I bought are traditional, One is bred to train and the other is bred to rider, I am just praying one has a kid with black on it. But anything will be nice.

10. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN

ok thanks for the warning :) I would say there is a high chance that you will get black out of one of them..

11. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

Now that we will have half sibling goats you will have to let me know how yours does and I will do the same. Even though yours will be a bit older. It will be nice to see how another one grows.

12. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN

Will do...I will have to post a picture of him soon.. I really like him thus far but I am having trouble getting him to eat a whole bottle at once..

13. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

OK sounds good and I will post pictures once mine kid. As to the bottle that weird that he wont eat the whole thing but atleast he is eating. I am guessing its different then what he had there, and that could be why.

14. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN

Actually it is the exact same thing its actually milk from her dairy does but he is eating and seems to be doing well so unless he starts seeming sick I'm guessing its just because its so cold..we actually had to bring him in last night he was shivering so bad.

15. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

I know the weather this year is out of control. It is cold everywhere. I hope kidding at my house goes alright.

16. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN

I'm sure all will go fine...I wish I knew when mine were due though...Billy thinks its fun to break the rules....

17. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

I know what you mean the does we had before these were in with the buck for 4 months so god only knew when they were due then once the last possible due date passed that is when I realized they never got bred. So they have moved on and now we have these 2 does who should give us better results. It was horrible waiting that long and watching for nothin.

18. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN

I would have probably sold them too it is much easier when you know when they will kid....

19. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

yes it is. Ruby is due in 8 days so the count down is on. I cant wait.

20. GotmygoatMTJ

GotmygoatMTJ New Member

Hes a cutie!

I had an almost solid black wether that was 50/50 Boer/Nubian and his sire was out of T4 lines.

I showed him once before he was too old and he placed 4th out of 9 at the Cullman Alabama Regionals and he was the only black in the class and the judge said he had the best top on a black wether he ever saw. He even beat out a Keri Hyde wether! I was so proud of him! His name was Peppy La Pue and unfortunatley was in our freezer for quite sometime. :(

I hope your baby will do well at the shows! Get his butt huge! He'll win for sure!