The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Colorful Quality Boers
6,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just heard from one of our buyers from this spring. She bought a % wether from us who she was going to show in 4-h.

She said her wether took 3rd out of 8. :) 101.8lbs. I had never sold wethers for show before, so I thought that was pretty good!

Here are some old pictures of him... He was sired by Teflon. He was 1 month old in these.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Congratulations to you and the buyer!!

Wow, 101lbs is huge for five months old! Mine aren't that big until at least 8 months old... he must be getting super good feed and care. Oh and those Teflon genes might have a role in it lol

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
Its cause of Teflon.......can you tell I like Teflon :)
Its nice to see how good your kids do isn't it? You should be proud. I was excited to sell a whether this year and see how he placed but then she wrote me 45 days later and he still weighed the same so I'm thinking he's not going to make weight.....ohh well glade it worked for you :) I'm eager to see is pics as well so if you get them.....

·
Colorful Quality Boers
6,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yea, I like Teflon too. :) He had a lot of nice kids. I'm looking forward to using him again next year!

Oh that's too bad... Doesn't matter how nice a wether is or could be if you don't feed it!

I'll certainly post the new pictures if I get some. I doubt it at this point, but maybe!

·
2,377 Posts
That is so exciting. I am so glad when they do send pictures and updates. That is such a unique color too. What an awesome wether.

·
Colorful Quality Boers
6,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
He looks more fat than anything, but he still looks nice for a % wether! I am so keeping a doe from his mom this year... if she has one lol! I absolutely loved her doeling "Red White and Beautiful". She was just that...

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
He looks more fat than anything, but he still looks nice for a % wether! I am so keeping a doe from his mom this year... if she has one lol! I absolutely loved her doeling "Red White and Beautiful". She was just that...
He's just fluffy lol! Ok he may be a little fat but that's better than too skinny. I think he looks pretty good

1 - 19 of 19 Posts