The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we went on a trip awhile back. Our goat had twins which were still nursing off of her but one of them had sold to someone right before we took our trip. We come back from our trip abt 11 days later and our goats udder is swollen on the one side. Well I just figured that since she only had one goat to feed he was only milking off of one side and yes he was every time he went to that same side. So I just was gonna milk that other side out so it would be the same size as the other teat. But it was swollen again the next day and so I milked her again. Again it was swollen the next day after that. But something was weird then it was like I milked her a little bit but then her teat was just like flat and like hardly any milk came out. And then today I just noticed that her udder is lopsided and the other side looks like it has milk in it but not this side.. like it鈥檚 all just weird and tissue. And it feels weird to milk her on the side.. idk if I鈥檓 making any since here but ya..馃お

Working animal Fawn Terrestrial animal Liver Wrinkle

Before we went on our trip
Leg Wood Working animal Fawn Terrestrial animal

Super Moderator
What does the milk on the big side look like? Is it clean? Or blood or pus?
Hows her temp? Is she eating and drinking ok?
She may have some congestion. Start with very warm compresses and massages, knead and milk..repeat. use a peppermint based balm.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No her milk is clean.. and she is eating and drinking fine.. she doesn鈥檛 act like anything is wrong besides that.. and I just ordered some udder cream that has peppermint oil in it and it is supposed to help..

Super Moderator
I also use a product called MastoBlast. It's a homeopathic oral solution for mastitis..it seems to help congestion as well. I order off jeffers..but local stores may have it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts