May be interested in purchasing goats

Discussion in 'Fuzzy Fibers' started by fiberchick04, Apr 1, 2010.

1. fiberchick04

fiberchick04 New Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Colorado
    My fiance and I are building up my cashmere herd again after I sold a lot of them. We have a few that we are getting, but are looking for others. We are interested in all, but grey/silver would be nice lol Bucks or does. (preferabley does but won't ignore a buck). Anyways, what we are wanting to do is bring new genetics to our area since, as Lori knows, our genepool is small here (in El Paso County)

Or we may be interested in a stud service too. I know we are going to try and breed one or two of ours to Lori's (I talk with you more on that Lori as to why)

Thanks!

2. maple hill farm tina

maple hill farm tina Senior Member

Mar 14, 2010
    Rich Patch, Virginia
    The woman we bought some of our Nigerians from also has Cashmeres. We REALLY like the Nigerians we got from her. They're very friendly and conformationally correct. I don't know a lot about Cashmeres, but the babies on her new arrivals page sure are cute. Check out her website - www.timberwoodfarmandfiber.com

Tina

3. fiberchick04

fiberchick04 New Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Colorado
    Thank you Tina! I appreciate the help!

4. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    To bad you are so far away, I have a beautiful herd I need to sell. Cashmeres are really nice goats! Good luck.

5. fiberchick04

fiberchick04 New Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Colorado
    That's a shame that you are selling them. I love cashmeres, they are the best goats that I have ever owned. What colors do you have? Just out of curiosity

Thanks for the reply! :thumb:

6. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Hi Sammy,

I want everyone to meet Sammy. She was one of my 4Her until she got to old :dance:

7. fiberchick04

fiberchick04 New Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Colorado
    Everyone, I just want you to know that out of all the project leaders in our county and the ones that I have dealt with, Lori was the best. And that isn't just me being a suck up. I know all I do today from cashmeres because of Lori. She's like the cashmere guru lol :angelgoat:

8. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Well, I really need to "pay attention" lol. Sammy I have several colors, from white to black. I have a huge doe that is a chamoisee. She's due to deliver any minute now. Peaches just had twin doelings yesterday, they are very cute, one black one peachy/beige.

I'm trying to get the "north 40" (really about 2.5 acres) property line cleared so I can get it fenced...if that happens I want to get the large goats to work out there eating the brush and weeds, etc. But, that depends on how much it costs...this property has been allowed to "get back to nature" for 40 years now so it's probably going to be prohibitively expensive. We are trying to cut some expenses so we can get my poor hubby into "semi" retirement. lol

You are right about these goats though, very nice even temperments. Love them, but, I haven't processed any cashmere yet, and we only have a few acres. And, I've been having health issues, lately. Nothing life threatening (thank you Lord), but my arthritis is requiring surgery (right hand just out of a cast) and I just need to "acknowlege" the fact I'm getting older, oh pooh! :GAAH:

9. fiberchick04

fiberchick04 New Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Colorado
    I hear ya on the expense part. We are currently in the process of fencing our property (just 5 acres). We redid the buck pen. So now between the buck pen and doe pen there is like 12 feet or so and it is 12 feet by 25 feet sections. In the fall these will be breeding pens, but they'll act as safety nets incase the bucks (or does) decide that they need to be together lol Then we are going to fence our whole property, and make a pasture and then to add to all the excitement we are going to trench down to the doe pen, the buck pen, and down to the meadow to put hydrants in for water.

10. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Sammy, wouldn't it be cool if we could drive together to go buy some of Di's goats? Heck we could make a big trip of it and go see a bunch of farms and people. :shocked:

SSHHHHH, don't tell Terry I just said that. Man that would be a lot of fun.

11. fiberchick04

fiberchick04 New Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Colorado
    I'd definitely go with you! That would be SO much fun!!! I agree east coast goats are just beautiful and it'd be nice to get some new lines over here lol

12. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    LOL, ya'll come on, I'll put the coffee pot on!

13. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.

Oh it is tempting Di.

Can you post some pictures of the goats you are selling? I like, front view, butt view and side. Of course I would love to see the fiber.

14. fiberchick04

fiberchick04 New Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Colorado
    Ah yes, I'd love som pictures too! lol again we'd have to keep it on the DL from Matt haha and Terry I'm sure! But yes I'd love to see them = )

15. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    And, of course, it's raining! I'll try to get some up soon.

16. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
  17. fiberchick04

fiberchick04 New Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Colorado
    Di, I was wondering if you ever got those pictures? :)

18. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Sorry, these goats aren't going to sell themselves are they?

Here are some pics, hope they are good enough.
    This is Miss Fine (aka Frannie)
    [​IMG]
    This is one of Dharma's doelings
    [​IMG]
    This is one of the Margie bucklings, she does great work!
    [​IMG]

Just a few pics, the girls are a little thin after kidding and making all that fiber.
    I just got the cashmere off most everyone, Frannie is still holding onto some of hers! That's late for me, I usually have it all off before mid April.

Thanks for looking, let me know how many you want, lol.

19. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    Di, how many bucklings do you have? Also, are you done kidding?

20. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Hi! I have...aammmm....4 new bucklings, ranging in age from 1 mo to 3 mos. And, yes, I'm done kidding for this year. The girls all kidded successfully on their own this year...I was watching...but it seemed as soon as I walked out of the barn they slipped them out, on their own. I guess my "mother hen routine" wasn't necessary after all. :chin: