The Goat Spot Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since May is here and the official start of pack season we thought it would be handy to give away something else useful on the trail. So, this month Northwest Packgoats is donating a Dog Dazer.
[attachment=0:3u8d63fv]DAZER-16900.jpg[/attachment:3u8d63fv]

If you haven't used these before they are an ultrasonic deterrent for dogs and some other critters. It emits a very loud ultra high frequency sound above the range of normal human ears but which is very annoying to dogs. Just point it at the dog and push the button. The closer the dog the more effective it is.

To enter the drawing simply reply to this post.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have just recently made two pack saddles. I have never seen a pack saddle for goats
so made it on the same idea as a horse pack saddle. I put hinges on where the cross bucks attach to the side pads so it will ajust to the goats back. They seem to fit fine.
My goats are young so have not packed them yet but have been on a few hikes with them. My plan is to do some of the A.T. in Maine this summer as well as a portion of the Long Trail in Vermont this fall. I was planning on buying a dog tazer but who knows perhaps I'll win one. Bernie

·
Registered
200 Posts
Count me in on the drawing!

BTW, Bernie, best to double check your plans for the A.T. as pack animals are generally not allowed anywhere on the A.T. ... even dogs are not allowed in Baxter State Park in Maine. Since a portion of the Long Trail and the AT in Vermont are one in the same, it would apply there as well , but I am not sure about the rest of the Long Trail.

·
Registered
14 Posts
pick me, pick me,
Dogs can be the bane of my day. It seems that every time I turn around I am going out to chase another one off. The summer is the worst, and I end up breaking a lot of 2X4's to keep the dogs away from my kids. The does know that the dogs are a bad idea, but the kids just don't get it.
That could be why I don't like other peoples dogs much. I'd like them better if they stayed out of my yard.
Joyce
Eureka UT

·
Registered
33 Posts
okay, me too...and if anybody has info on CAE, or knows of packers in Western Colorado, I'd love to hear from you! (see "clubs, 4-H", and "gen. health" sub-forums)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.