The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do yall think of him???
Hes $250
Hes for a January and maybe feb show (county then major) and its may 29 here and he was born in im thinking march.
He said he has an amazing attitude and loves to be handled.
I like his chest butt and length but his lopline worries me and im not sure on his profile
ForumRunner_20130529_084153.jpg

ForumRunner_20130529_084203.jpg

ForumRunner_20130529_084244.jpg

ForumRunner_20130529_084219.jpg

show goat/lamb equipment
www.Facebook.com/wickedshowchains

Attachments

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
He's nice overall. What bothers you about his topline? It looks fairly level other than he blades out some at the top. Mine always do that and then it kind of goes away with weigt and age. Holding the head up high can also hide that. He is a nice looking wether but could have more power, again it can come with working and feeding.

For $250 I think he would be a good buy IF you want a big wether for your shows. He would be an easy 90-100lbs in Jan and Feb I would think.... How much does he weigh now and at birth? You can figure his ADG and see about how fast he'll grow.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
I don't think he is too narrow topped. It looks fairly square of course, I don't see anything to use for size comparison. He looks like he needs some groceries and would be fine. He's a nice for the price especially... If you think he will stay the size you want for your shows then I would buy him.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is another one I'm looking at I'm going there on the 12th. He was originally $400 but the guy said he'd go down to $350 forshure and maybe even $300 but my budget do sent allow for anything over $300 so if I like him I'll try and nock him down to $300

ForumRunner_20130609_232420.jpg

ForumRunner_20130609_232513.jpg

Attachments

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
I personally like the first goat much better. The second one has a really angled look to him. He is thinner, has much less bone, and looks to be a cross (which may be fine, depending on if it is a meat cross or not). For being $100 more, I wouldn't take him. The other one is a great wether IMO.

But definitely go and get your hands on both. Sometimes the pictures are deceiving.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
I agree. First one looks better. Not enough body and width on the second to allow for much muscle

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks trinity and Dani.
We decided not to check him out. He was over 2 hours away and we didn't wanna make that for something that doesn't look all that "awesome" I know that sounds dumb but I have like 6 other places near by to check out.
I'm on my way to check some out now. I'll post pics of my fav 1 or 2

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
They'd probably be a good size for your shows!

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
I definitely like the ones from Austin! Now, are you allowed horns at fair? The first wethers from San Antonio are horned.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts