The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kansas is about 10 1/2 weeks pregnant and she had just a small clear discharge about 1" long. Today everything looked normal in the morning and later in the afternoon I saw a little orange (not red) color very thin, just a tiny drip on her vulva and a small spect on her back leg.

She is with a mama goat that is mean and butts her. But If I seperate her, she will be alone. I only have 4 goats left and the mean mama is nursing the other 2 babies.

Do you think she is having a miscarriage and should I seperate her, leaving her alone?

· Registered
1,402 Posts
Can you separate her within the area the others are? A pen in their pen type thing?

· Super Moderator
16,973 Posts
Yes get her away. As for the blood yes she could be aborting but should be more blood then that even then maybe she's good. Goathiker told me that sometimes they bleed when they settle....had a issue with a few does. Anyways 2 "aborted" that were due in January blood and all and today I walked out and they are starting a bag so she was right eggs were settling.

2,180 Posts
When true implantation occurs, as well as when growth spurts occur in the fetus they may cast blood. :)

· Administrator
96,111 Posts
Separate her, there is a chance she may be OK. Very light orange tinge, is better than red known blood, But, if she is constantly hit, by the mean goat, she will abort for sure, Is there any other goat, that is calm, that you can put with her at all? Or separate, but allow her to be able to see and nose the other goats?

· Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Separate her, there is a chance she may be OK. Very light orange tinge, is better than red known blood, But, if she is constantly hit, by the mean goat, she will abort for sure, Is there any other goat, that is calm, that you can put with her at all? Or separate, but allow her to be able to see and nose the other goats?
All I have is Alaska (mean mama) and her two 6 week old babies. Then Kansas, almost 11weeks pregnant.

I sold 2 saanen doeling a few days ago, they were her buddies. Now I wish I had keep them.

I'm working on trainning her not to butt, but its hard.

· Super Moderator
16,973 Posts
If you can find a shock collar try that. Works awesome for my buck. He goes threw these sprees where he will beat the crap out of the does and guard his food....no he's not starving at all....when he starts to do that I put the shock collar on and aftera dat of getting zapped every time he does it we are good for a few months. But the collar they don't link it to you with him before the collar he knew he would get in trouble while I was there so was good till I walked off.

· Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you can find a shock collar try that. Works awesome for my buck. He goes threw these sprees where he will beat the crap out of the does and guard his food....no he's not starving at all....when he starts to do that I put the shock collar on and aftera dat of getting zapped every time he does it we are good for a few months. But the collar they don't link it to you with him before the collar he knew he would get in trouble while I was there so was good till I walked off.
How does the shock collar work exactly? Sound like a plan!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.