The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Good morning to all. My Maybelle gave birthday to a baby boy last week and babe is fine. I notice though that this week her left teat hangs mighty low and large compared to the right side. What do you think is going on here and do you think it is a problem and what do I need to do for her? Thanks, I hope pics attached are clear enough for you to see what I see. She doesn’t act like it bothers her.
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Grass Companion dog

Dog breed Carnivore Grass Goat Fawn

·
Super Moderator
35,069 Posts
Looks like a blown teat. Did you get a good feel of it? Check to see if there are knots, a thickness of the walls, does milk flow easily?

·
Super Moderator
35,069 Posts
If it's a blown teat. It can get larger with each freshening. If I understand it correctly, it's weak wall within the teat. The pressure of milk stretching thing. There is no fixing it. As mentioned..may need to milk her out if she become full to keep the pressure off.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If it's a blown teat. It can get larger with each freshening. If I understand it correctly, it's weak wall within the teat. The pressure of milk stretching thing. There is no fixing it. As mentioned..may need to milk her out if she become full to keep the pressure off.
I caught her today. She doesn’t want you to touch that tit. It was not hot but also had no milk in it. It just kinda felt like a deflated airbag. I bought her at a sale and that was probably why she was there. She is raising her baby so we will move on with her. She is a sweet goat and a good mommy. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
35,069 Posts
Awe..maybe she had mastitis before or an injury that ruined that side. Good she's raising her kid well.

Best wishes with her!!

Reactions: toth boer goats
1 - 12 of 12 Posts