Maybell's udder

Discussion in 'Dairy Diaries' started by grandmajo, Jun 4, 2009.

1. grandmajo

grandmajo New Member

Oct 14, 2008
    Pioneer, Ohio
    Hi guys,
    I wanted to post pics of Maybell's udder. She is a kinder, FF, and these were taken this morning, with a 12 hour fill. She is just a hair over 8 weeks fresh. Let me know what you think!

And I apologize in advance, my digital camera is REALLY old and takes crappy pics!

2. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

Her teats are a good size and plumb, she looks to have great capacity and a nice foreudder extension
    But her medial is very weak causing those teats to point out and the flat udder floor with no division- she also needs a higher tighter rear attachment.

3. grandmajo

grandmajo New Member

Oct 14, 2008
    Pioneer, Ohio
  4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    she has a nice udder......... :wink: :greengrin:

5. grandmajo

grandmajo New Member

Oct 14, 2008
    Pioneer, Ohio
    Thanks again you guys, you confirmed what I was thinking about her!

6. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    She looks to have awesome capacity!

I ditto what procterhill said though about the medial needing to be stronger, with that improved on her daughters, I'd say that they would have really nice udders :greengrin:

7. grandmajo

grandmajo New Member

Oct 14, 2008
    Pioneer, Ohio
    Thanks liz, I'm right now trying to decided whether to keep her daughter or not. Maybell is such a nice little milker for me, but my present kinder buck grew too big, a couple of inches over the breed standard, so I'm afraid that he and Maybell's daughter might have that same problem. Plus, I don't have any history on him to know what kind of lines he came from :roll: So, I don't know if he will improve the medial or not either.

Wish there was a majical udder fairy, that we could have fly in to let us known which doelings will have good udders and which ones won't, lol.

8. fcnubian

fcnubian New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Is that the kinder doe you bought from me?

9. grandmajo

grandmajo New Member

Oct 14, 2008
    Pioneer, Ohio
    Yep, the one and the same!

10. fcnubian

fcnubian New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Thought so. She tends to take after her dam. I would only keep a doeling out of her if the buck's dam has a better udder.

With this doe, you need a higher and wider rear attachment. Hannah lacks that also. She has a nice fore attachment, like Hannah. She is lacking in the medial but that may be because of the photo, the way it took or it could be that she really is lacking in it. She has Hannah's teats, they point out slightly on Hannah also. Over all, it's not a bad udder. :thumb: I'm curious to see her udder with another freshening. :)

11. grandmajo

grandmajo New Member

Oct 14, 2008
    Pioneer, Ohio
    LOL, I went to your website and compared Hannah's udder to Maybell's and thought the same thing. Thankfully, her orifices are good sized and I have really small hands, so she milks out well for me, but somebody with bigger hands would have problems.

Here's another picture that my daughter-in-law took with her camera, from a bit different angle than what I took.

12. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    From that angle, her medial looks better than the first.