mayflower is gettin close!!

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by sixshooterfarm, Aug 20, 2008.

1. sixshooterfarm

sixshooterfarm New Member

Oct 18, 2007
    Valley Springs, Ca
    Ok so miss mayflower is either on day 150 or 144. I am guessing 150 as she is about to kid!! :leap: :leap: She is bred to an outside buck named Twin Creeks Solid Gold. You guys can seem him at mystic minis (google it) and you will see him. Please oh please cross your fingers for at least one girl!! These pics dont do her justice as she is really a humungous doe, VERY deep bodied and usually you cant tell she is pregnant until she plops one down on the ground lol. So for her to be showing #1 is amazing and #2 how big she truly is. So I am thinking 2 large babies. IF she has a single I swear I am gonna quit the goat business lol. what do you all think? oh and sorry for the messy pen, she hates being in there an has completly destroyed everything she could get her little hooves on lol.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    I would say twins. But it is hard to tell judging from pics. Very cute doe that's for sure! Sending good thoughts for a easy delivery and some bouncing baby girls!!! Thinkin pink for ya!!!

3. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    At least twins, possibly triplets. She's about the same size as our doe Honey who kidded triplets earlier this month.

4. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    i'd say she has three kids in there. solid gold's line is known for smaller kids. look at moon and her daughter

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
  6. sixshooterfarm

Oct 18, 2007
    Valley Springs, Ca
    nope not yet, she is taking her sweet time!!! oh the suspence is killing me, I want to see what she has in there. Definently twins, I can tell you that much, but she is contracting really nice tho, so hopefully sometime tonight, if not tonight tomarrow morning!

7. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    babies soon!!!

8. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
  9. sixshooterfarm

Oct 18, 2007
    Valley Springs, Ca
    ok well here is the update..... she just now gave me twins, at 6 am in the morning, and guess what they are..... my girl season is non existant, I have twin boys :sigh: but they are certainly cute. one is a red and white and the other LITTLE boy is a very dark buckskin with some white on him. I am watching the little one cause he seems to be a little dumpy, he is up and walkin around just isent searching too hard for the milk bar, while the other one is already bouncing with a milk mustache lol. I got some really cute pictures and will post them asap but right now I am in desperate need for a shower and sleep, I have been up all night long with her, with 1 hour of sleep..... and all she gave me was some boys!

10. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    I thought she'd have twins!!! Congrats on the :boy: :boy: , better than a single boy! :D Or momma could've had a hard birth and not have any kids at all! So congrats!

So you haven't had many girls this year? Are you using the same buck on them all? If not, wow, that's unreal you get boys most the time. If so....I have a pygmy buck that throws girls almost every time, but when I breed the does to a different buck it's usually 50/50 so maybe it's just the buck?

11. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Congratulations! A healthy mom and :boy: :boy: ......can't wait to see them.

12. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Congrats on the :boy: :boy:

13. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Well, congrats on the boys...I know how you feel. Hope they are both doing well and can't wait for pics.

14. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Well congrats on an easy kidding!! :stars:

15. Firestone Creek Farm

Firestone Creek Farm New Member

Jul 11, 2008
    NC, USA
    Congrats on the easy kidding! And on the :boy: :boy: I know you wanted at least 1 :girl: but 2 healthy boys is good, too! You can keep a buck! ? Maybe?

16. sixshooterfarm

Oct 18, 2007
    Valley Springs, Ca
    Thank you all, yes I am happy with two healthy babies and momma, it could be worse and it has been worse. They are super cute and are doing great. I am using different bucks on all my does.....and yes I am getting allot of bucks. I am just crossing my fingers that my next doe due gives me at least one girl! I will probably keep one of these guys a buck, maybe. My doe was bred to an outside buck so I would like to keep the bloodlines. we will see how they turn out. I am uploading pics rite now.

17. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Those are some darling little boys! I like the difference in their colors, the buckskin looks like he is a teeny bugger.

18. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh my goodness how darling!!!!! :leap: