McCarthy Farms Waiting Room...finally!

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by McCarthyFarms, Aug 16, 2020.

1. MadHouse

MadHouse Well-Known Member

Congratulations! Wonderful news of your own pregnancy!!!
    As for Pams pooping, it might be more a sign of having had a second supper than a sign of kidding!?! :heehee:

Good luck to all three of you!

2. McCarthyFarms

McCarthyFarms Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2020
    Australia
    :heehee::heehee::heehee:

I think you might be right about that one! LOL

Feira426 and MadHouse like this.

3. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR PREGNANCY! Perfect timing. All your goat kids will be sold or retained..Your does will be happy and fat eating in pastures before breeding season...and you will have a new wee one! And your wee.one will.be about 6.months old...when you have more does going into delivery....YAY!

4. McCarthyFarms

Apr 23, 2020
    Australia
    I got pranked by my goats last night. It was around midnight and I was having a dream about checking Pam's ligaments (can you tell I'm nervous about this whole thing?!) and I heard goat noises. I realised they were actually happening and not in my dream, so raced downstairs and over to the kidding stall. Shone the torch in and there was Pam, sound asleep. Hm. Moved the light over to the paddock and there was Darrell, making love noises to Aroma. At midnight. So romantic :oohlala::ponder:

Anyway, safe to say it is morning and Pamela has not had any children through the night LOL

5. MadHouse

Haha, even the buck is in on the doe code!!

6. McCarthyFarms

Apr 23, 2020
    Australia
    Poor mama is feeling it today. Just went and sat with her for a while and she's hovering at the door, going from wagging her tail, pressing her head and shifting around uncomfortably. I did put her back out in the paddock this morning and she immediately just went into her shelter and stood there on her own - while everyone else was eating, which is definitely not like her. I left her out for a while but she stayed put so I ended up bringing her back inside.

Other than that no real physical differences. These last few days are driving me nuts! LOL. Day 144 today. pam headpressing day 144.jpg pamela 144.jpg

Moers kiko boars and MadHouse like this.
  7. MadHouse

8. Moers kiko boars

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Man..with that udder alone..I wouldn't move much
    Bless her heart. Sending prayers for a easy kidding for that sweet girl (pray)! :kid3::kid3::kid3::kid2::kid3::kid3::kid3:

9. McCarthyFarms

Apr 23, 2020
    Australia
    Man, I know right! The poor love. I'm almost a little bit worried the kid(s) will struggle with eating. Her teats are HUGE and so low down to the ground...and these babies will be half Nigerian (well, technically 37.5%) so I'm a little worried they won't be able to feed easily. Will be keeping a close eye for sure!

10. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  11. McCarthyFarms

Apr 23, 2020
    Australia
    We are definitely getting closer! This morning when I went in to check on her, I really had to dig down deep to feel those ligaments. They were still there, but just barely! She was also exceptionally talkative and is back to wanting to be stuck to me like glue, after about a week of not wanting to be close. I've been sitting in the kidding stall a lot with her and she's all over me like a bad rash, rubbing her head on my face nonstop.

She's also pawing the ground a lot but not laying down - she'll dig for a while, then turn around and dig someplace else, then pace back to the first spot and dig some more. No mucous yet and when I checked her just now I think her ligaments have gone, but I could also just be telling myself that because I really want her to be having them, LOL.

Definitely more restless now and is up, down, and everywhere digging and pacing, bleating softly and kind of just staring off into space LOL. Poor girl. I hope it's soon, for her sake! Her udder is so unbelievably full. pam 145.jpg pam day 145.jpg Pamela day 145.jpg

12. MadHouse

You go Pam!!
    Get those babies out and feel better!
    :waiting::coolmoves:

13. McCarthyFarms

Apr 23, 2020
    Australia
    i just went back in to see her and we’ve got mucous!! never been so excited to see a gooey hooey before

14. MadHouse

Woohooo!!
    Happy kidding!!!!
    (dance)

15. McCarthyFarms

Apr 23, 2020
    Australia
    i sure hope it’s go time! she’s been laying for a while just chewing her cud, but bleating constantly and also sitting up and nosing right back at her udder. she just stood and had what looked to be two big contractions and has just laid back down again and kicked her back leg right out trying to get comfy. Poor girl - if this isn’t it i feel so bad for her for the next couple of days!!

MadHouse and Moers kiko boars like this.
  16. Moers kiko boars

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Sounds like you might be up awhile tonight. Sending prayers for easy.delivery & healthy kids!(pray)

MadHouse and McCarthyFarms like this.
  17. MellonFriend

MellonFriend Well-Known Member

Oooo, come on babies. No playing any tricks. Just come out nice and easy.

Good luck!

18. McCarthyFarms

Apr 23, 2020
    Australia
    Definitely having contractions now! Not regular but unmistakeable LOL. Poor gal is making my own uterus hurt and i’m a loooong way from the labour end yet LOL

19. Boers4ever

Boers4ever Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2020
    East Texas
    Any babies yet?! I so excited for you! I just went through my first kidding season this year too. I got to watch one of my does kid a huge single doeling. The next day I walk out to find twins in the next kidding stall over. It was a blast! Can’t wait for pics of the cuties!!

20. KST Goat Farm

KST Goat Farm Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2019
    NE Colorado
    Any babies yet? I hope everything is going/went well.