McCarthy Farms Waiting Room...finally!

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by McCarthyFarms, Aug 16, 2020.

1. McCarthyFarms

McCarthyFarms Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2020
    Australia
    :heehee: I think Lacey WROTE the doe code LOL! Definitely what she's sticking to. Silly girl. I'm planning on putting Pamela and the triplets out with the herd tomorrow (babies will be a week old) so at least I'll have the kidding stall free just in case...so clearly she'll have the kid tonight while I have nowhere to put her :heehee:

2. McCarthyFarms

Apr 23, 2020
    Australia
    Good news on the triplet front - the babies have finally figured out how to drink from mama’s other side! I milked it out this morning and got just under 1L from the one teat! Usually by about midday it would already be full again, but it’s mid afternoon now and I just spotted the kids drinking tandem. Yay!

IMG_9953.jpg

3. MadHouse

MadHouse Well-Known Member

Yay! Congratulations to the smart triplets! What a relief!

Moers kiko boars likes this.
  4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  5. MellonFriend

MellonFriend Well-Known Member

That's great! It looks a lot better.

Moers kiko boars and MadHouse like this.
  6. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Great news! The udder does look better.

7. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
  8. McCarthyFarms

Apr 23, 2020
    Australia
    Well we are 2 days from due date for Lacey today and this afternoon we spotted her acting a little strange. She’s always a bit of a weird goat but she was laying down and talking to her belly, and just making weird movements with her head and neck. She is VERY soft around her tail now but won’t stand still long enough for me to really feel her ligaments. We may just get a kid from her after all! Checked her when we got home from dinner and she seemed totally fine. Just about to go check her again before I go to bed, and will probably get up through the night just to peek at her. I have a full day of work tomorrow so of course she’ll probably hold out til then!

9. MellonFriend

MellonFriend Well-Known Member

Ooooo that's very suspicious. I think she hiding babies in there.:run:

10. McCarthyFarms

Apr 23, 2020
    Australia
    Well...morning has come and Lacey is acting totally normal again LOL. She is very soft back by her tail but no weird noises, no weird movements, nothing. I’ll keep an eye on her through the day...this goat really has me going crazy! Due date is tomorrow (day 150). How far past due can they go before you determine there’s definitely no kid?
    I was so sure yesterday and now she has me stumped yet again LOL. Crazy goat. At least Pam was nice and easy and obvious haha

11. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Ive had a doe go 10 days late...and she had twins. So take a deep breath...and be patient...k? Its hard...but you.can do it..:squish:

GoofyGoat, Feira426 and MadHouse like this.
  12. McCarthyFarms

Apr 23, 2020
    Australia
    10 days?! You guys are gonna kill me LOL. I’m happy to wait...I just really want to confirm either way if she’s actually pregnant or not haha.

13. MadHouse

Lacey is just making sure to keep you in suspense! One day yes, next day maybe, next day definitely not... She doesn’t want you to be bored! :heehee:
    Seriously, I know what it feels like. It’s nerve wracking. I had a vet out for something else, when I was unsure, and he “bumped” her and said yes, she is pregnant.

GoofyGoat and Moers kiko boars like this.
  14. MadHouse

But I wouldn’t be doing that bumping now, it can risk injury.

15. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

We are also waiting... ugh.... come on. We want cute pictures

16. McCarthyFarms

Apr 23, 2020
    Australia
    Well miss Lacey is definitely in labour!!! I kept an eye on her through the day as I was working (I teach horse riding lessons on my property) and she just sat in her shelter alone all day. We finally finished the new buck pen this morning so I was able to move the bucks out, put Pam and the babies in with the rest of the herd, and move Lacey into the kidding stall. And lucky me - i have all night AND a day off tomorrow! So much for the doe code Lace - i’ll be in this stall until that baby pops out LOL!
    She is having contractions on and off and standing miserably in the corner right now. Poor girl.
    i sent a message to her old owner just double checking if this is indeed her first freshening, or if she has ever had a kid in the past. This is her first time, like I thought! I am so excited but also nervous. She seems very confused the poor girl.

Eee yay! Well now we know LOL

17. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

Ooooh happy kidding. I pray Lacey has a perfect birth. We must have pictures of the joyous occassion.

18. McCarthyFarms

Apr 23, 2020
    Australia
    Yes! Praying she kids while it’s still light out so I can get photos. I’m all set up with my phone charging too LOL

19. McCarthyFarms

Apr 23, 2020
    Australia
    Lacey has delivered a beautiful little buck - just like his half siblings! Was a bit of a scary delivery as he had one front foot stuck waaaaay back. My husband had to help me rearrange and pull him but Lacey is being very attentive and he’s trying to stand and feed now. No placenta yet but I don’t think she has any other kids in there. Phew! Was a bit scary there for a while!

We have named him Legolas, because he was “legless” LOL

IMG_0291.jpg