McCarthy Farms Waiting Room...finally!

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by McCarthyFarms, Aug 16, 2020.

1. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

Oh what a beauty. Well done to every one. Maybe Lacey surprizes you?

Moers kiko boars and MadHouse like this.
  2. MadHouse

MadHouse Well-Known Member

Wow, great job, all of you!
    Phew, I’m sure you are so glad that you don’t have to wonder anymore!
    I hope she passed the placenta and all is well.
    Legolas is beautiful :inlove: and blonde just like his namesake!

Feira426 and Moers kiko boars like this.

3. MellonFriend

MellonFriend Well-Known Member

Yay for Lacey!:clapping: Great job helping her get him out. (highfive)

He looks like a sweetie and what a perfect name! :nod:

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
  4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  5. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Awwww what a cute buckling! So glad they are healthy & happy!

MadHouse likes this.
  6. Morning Star Farm

Morning Star Farm Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2018
    Congratulations on all of the kids! I had a Nubian FF who behaved similar to Lacey. The buck she was bred by was young, only 7 months, and I second guessed her the entire time. She did not look bred at all and never put on any weight. One day a breeder friend even came by and said there is no way that doe is bred. A few days later her udder grew a little bigger and she had two normal size doe kids, both moonspotted as a bonus. I've never seen a doe hide kids so well.

7. McCarthyFarms

McCarthyFarms Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2020
    Australia
    Thanks guys! We are so glad both Lacey and Legolas are okay.
    This morning I found her placenta in the stall, as I waited a few hours last night and nothing happened and I was exhausted so went to bed. He is feeding well and she is doing great! Her udder is so much nicer than Pamela's and he has no troubles at all finding the milk bar.

I sent a photo of him to the breeder of our buck, Darrell and they said he looks just like Darrell's dad. So cute. Looking forward to being able to pop them out in the paddock with Pam and the triplets so they can all play together!

Then the next task begins...training Lacey to the milk stand LOL. She is a bit of an ornery doe at the best of times and Pam was already an established milker when we got them. This could be fun!

126238886_10224727488073134_851239811959714699_n.jpg 126851750_10224727488633148_3734315350494186768_n.jpg

8. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

I just both their colours

9. MadHouse

MadHouse Well-Known Member

Glad to hear all is well! Good luck with the milking training coming up! It’s a roller coaster, just remember, you can be more stubborn than her.
    Very cute pictures!

10. McCarthyFarms

McCarthyFarms Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2020
    Australia
    We have started to milk Pam again and goodness she is such a wonderful doe. Our milking stand is next to the paddock the does are in. I just dump her feed in the bucket, open the gate and she runs out, around the corner and up onto the stand like an angel LOL.
    We are milking every second day at the moment, just because she produces way too much for us and I don't want it to go bad! I'm waiting on some more cultures to come in and then I will start making some cheese again which I am so excited about. I have only very briefly dipped into the world of cheese making but I'm excited to give it another try this year!
    The triplets were AMAZING the first night we separated them. I was going to lock them in the kidding stall, but decided to keep them in the shelter the goats have within the paddock, so they could still see, hear and smell mama and she could see them. They did not cry once!

They have all been disbudded now too, including Legolas. Glad I found a local goat friend to help me out - well, she was a total stranger to start with, but we hit it off and I'm glad to have met a knowledgeable goat owner in my area. She breeds stunning Anglo Nubians and her little son is just a few weeks older than my daughter. She is also pregnant with her second baby and just a few weeks further along than me, also has horses, and also breeds chickens. So funny the people you meet thanks to goats!

127541572_10224775174585267_5016047494627865336_n.jpg 127967221_10224776905708544_8615026093521450660_n.jpg
    This is the cage we had the babies in overnight. Pam didn't even care, she just watched as Lacey repeatedly rammed the door trying to get to their food LOL

11. Feira426

Feira426 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2019
    Texas
    Just caught up on the post. Congratulations!! He’s beautiful!